What's new

Antique Shop Finds Today.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went to a shop today just browsing and saw 2 mason jars full of flint. $5 each. I looked through the glass and saw a nice point rite away so I bought them both. After going through them I had 1 jar full of brokes and another is in the basket all good pieces for $5. Prices are way too low so I figure why not buy them. These look to be TN by the type of flint. HH everyone!
 

Attachments

  • 100_3758.webp
    100_3758.webp
    368.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_3759.webp
    100_3759.webp
    130.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_3763.webp
    100_3763.webp
    143.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_3764.webp
    100_3764.webp
    168.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_3765.webp
    100_3765.webp
    193.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_3766.webp
    100_3766.webp
    165.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_3767.webp
    100_3767.webp
    160 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_3769.webp
    100_3769.webp
    168.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_3779.webp
    100_3779.webp
    170.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ill give you double your money lol nice find
 
You done well Rock, you done well....
 
The one in the last pic is pretty cool looking.

Yeah most of the pieces in that jar looked to be from TN but that one. It looks like a Calf Creek point that had been broken and then reworked into a shaft scraper. The one ear is thin enough to be used as a drill. Very nice piece IMO.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3779.webp
    100_3779.webp
    170.3 KB · Views: 93
Nice!! You sure can shop. I saw where you sent me a pic of this basket. It was late so I sent no response. Nice looking display!
 
Nice!! You sure can shop. I saw where you sent me a pic of this basket. It was late so I sent no response. Nice looking display!

Yeah every once in a while you can find some good things in these type of A shops. You just have to be sure they are real. These are all real pieces. But between the 2 jars I only got 1 jar of wholes the other jar is all brokes. But for $5 worth I got about 30 good pieces. I will always tell if the items were purchased or personal finds when I post. I keep them in 2 different places. Thanks, rock
 
Where are you from rock
 
Where are you from rock

Im in N Ga. When it is raining I hunt the vintage shops. I found quite a few great buys yesterday not just Indian related items. I collect all vintage and antique items if the price is rite.
 
What do you think rock the last 3 pics are the same piece
 

Attachments

  • image-464416734.webp
    image-464416734.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image-330026273.webp
    image-330026273.webp
    71.4 KB · Views: 99
  • image-3253734984.webp
    image-3253734984.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image-874751323.webp
    image-874751323.webp
    58 KB · Views: 92
Digging tool maybe
 
I've been inspired to hit the antique store today :) They usually have one booth with arrowheads, but they are usually expensive for the condition. I was able to get my Overstreet book there and the display boxes are usually cheap. Hope I find some goods!
 
I need some display boxes. I can never find any at the shops around here. I ended up getting 40 good pieces out of the 2 jars. Its about a 50*/50 split on Woodland and Archaic artifacts. I washed them and they came out looking quite good. So divide 40 into $10 to get the each price. Ill be going back soon.
 
The antique shop I went to wanted $75 for 25. Looked like one, maybe two whole points the rest were broken or small scrapers. I passed on them.
 
Id pass on that myself. Sometimes emotion gets in the way if they were personal finds. I wont sell my personal finds due to the fact they mean allot to me. Im not selling rite now at least no place except Tnet. I have some nice pieces in the classifieds site here for sale but nobody is buying. They arent cheap due to the quality of them.
 
Thanks to all you guys for sharing your opinions and posting your pictures big help !!
 
Check these 2 out now that they are cleaned up a bit. Are they Woodland Triangular points?
 

Attachments

  • 100_3780.webp
    100_3780.webp
    137.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_3781.webp
    100_3781.webp
    121.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_3783.webp
    100_3783.webp
    247.4 KB · Views: 82
They look woodland or Mississippian to me I'd pic them up
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom