tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just remembered I picked up some cufflinks in Montana as I got home from a bit of a brutal trip last night. They're all silver. One pair has nice MOP cabs, one are studio art made with a MOD. look and the others are enameled hand colored with an emblem that has a Monk and says MUNCHEN. They were all 5 bucks each and they had many to choose from. Maybe 6 years ago I found a pair of 14k cuffs from this same shop. Non of those this day. Interesting shop it is. I remember once finding a early 19th century American coin silver salt dish piece in this shop maybe 10 years ago? It was made by an identifiable maker of Wilson & Sons from the new England area I think it was? I still remember the buyer of it as it was shipped to Rutgers University.

Attachments

• IMG_20160304_073725.jpg
    IMG_20160304_073725.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20160304_073820.jpg
    IMG_20160304_073820.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 240

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Antique shops are a blast!! I love going to see if they have something I might have and what it's going for. We live somewhat close to Brimfield Mass where they have the GIANT antique and flea market shows in May, July and September. If any of you get to this part of New England it's a must see!! A week long extravaganza!! A lot of stuff is full retail but lots of bargains to be had as well!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to stop at antique stores when I'm in a new area whenever I have the time. You never know what you may find that's been sitting in there for years gathering dust

They could at very least paint the plywood walls.
That's OSB or particle board not plywood. :tongue3: That's the rustic look. Besides, it's Montana, big sky country.
You're lucky if you have cell phone service out there, you think they're worried about a little paint. lol

3977397314_ab63ea818e.jpg
3977397452_a6f53f3a1b.jpg

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I try to stop at antique stores when I'm in a new area whenever I have the time. You never know what you may find that's been sitting in there for years gathering dust

That's OSB or particle board not plywood. :tongue3: That's the rustic look. Besides, it's Montana, big sky country.
You're lucky if you have cell phone service out there, you think they're worried about a little paint. lol

Interesting. Not something you see too much of in my neck of the woods.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The antique shop was an old barn once.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
There's not much "red" in your "neck" of the woods, lol.

Its funny because there are 3 parts of NJ that are very rednecky. Salem County, the NW NJ area, and the area where I live. If you have ever heard the term "pineys"... Yea, that is where I live.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its funny because there are 3 parts of NJ that are very rednecky. Salem County, the NW NJ area, and the area where I live. If you have ever heard the term "pineys"... Yea, that is where I live.
Yeah, that was just my feeble attempt at humor. Good thing is you never have to pump your own gas.I'm from southern Md. originally so I know about pineys and the jersey devil. We had the goatman in our neck of the woods

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love antiques my grandmother had a store for years in Denver. My grandfather did well pricing stuff for estate sales. I have a small antique shop in Victor if anyone is ever in the area. I run it as a hobby and to keep this town alive. I don't open that often, I'm usually out detecting. One of the best part is people bring in their treasures for me to sell. I would love to offer tenet members a discount but I do not want to advertise without being a charter member. Delete this post if it is not appropriate. I have hundreds of bottles and rusty relics. It is too much fun almost as fun as detecting. Victor is a small mining town in the mountains of Colorado stop by and say hello. Cliff

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love antiques my grandmother had a store for years in Denver. My grandfather did well pricing stuff for estate sales. I have a small antique shop in Victor if anyone is ever in the area. I run it as a hobby and to keep this town alive. I don't open that often, I'm usually out detecting. One of the best part is people bring in their treasures for me to sell. I would love to offer tenet members a discount but I do not want to advertise without being a charter member. Delete this post if it is not appropriate. I have hundreds of bottles and rusty relics. It is too much fun almost as fun as detecting. Victor is a small mining town in the mountains of Colorado stop by and say hello. Cliff
I'll do that sometime, I go to the big Cripple Creek, Victor hole from time to time. Twice I checked on your shop and no one was there managing the store. Talk going around the industry the mine will be going underground. I have a meeting in Denver with Newmont on the calendar this month over the needs of underground merchandise.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you do well with the merchandise. The locals also say Newmont is heading underground. I'll send a PM with some contact info. I'm usually around. Thanks for posting about antique stores. Happy Hunting!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never been to Colorado, but it's on my bucket list. One of the most beautiful states in the country and Victor appears to be the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread