Anxiety attack in the thrift store today

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one thrift store puts gold out once in a while but the prices are ridiculous. So today I was looking around.. (the manager one time sold me all the scrap gold they had in the store.) Since then they have not bought it again but he tells me about it every time, Saying hey maybe next time when you come in here I can sell you all the scrap gold... I'm like hello I'm here now!! So I've gotten to the point where he just does it to see if he can irritate me I think. I'll still shop there because maybe I'll score something good...

Like today... after he walks off... they have a case that has a lock on it and then a case where you can just grab stuff and pick it up. I picked up some earrings and thought wow this seem like gold. Flip them over 750 Italy priced at $6!
Yeah. Trying to pay for them without breaking down because sometimes I have a hard time not freaking out. Get into the car and they are 26 g. $800 earrings For $6!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506725233.572915.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506725261.480436.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is lucky....

it's been 3 days in a row. And I'm trying to count my blessings but this month is a month I want to put behind me and never come back to! leaving for hurricane, unexpected expenses, coming home to a child sick for two weeks and in and out of the hospital (still not sure the problem is better with her) I needed a day out.

I was going to head down to Naples Florida and see if my luck continued but started seeing buildings with the signs and Roofs ripped off. FP&l trucks driving around, construction vehicles, traffic lights missing. Decided I was only going to be in the way and turned around.

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cheers on that. Don't expect a good day like that soon.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now those are some heavy earrings!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to show y'all what I saw but i can't get them tonight. So tomorrow I will put some more pictures of them up because it's something I've seen in the past and that's probably why the person that does their jewelry missed it. But hopefully it will help someone else out here.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye, beachkid. Looking forward to reading your update.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. I to find it difficult at times to keep my own giddiness to my inside voice when I find a great item!! Well done!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant beat that price. Congrats.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the back of them has a different color clip. I haven't tested it but I bet it's stainless steel. But when I lifted the clip up the original part of the earring that used to be a pierced ear looks like it was turned down or cut off and a back put on to support the clip. So when I opened it up, it looked like that part should be pointed up to go into an ear instead of being a clip earring.
Then the marketing was up underneath the bottom where the clip was.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506800228.079634.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506800259.035532.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506800317.354496.jpg

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bump for a crazy awesome pick. Those are friggin HEAVY for ear hangers.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Beachkid! Hope the kid will get well soon.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. She said she starting to feel better this evening and finally went back to school after a week after being off for 10 days from the hurricane. So it's been crazy.

I scrapped them today. Got $784. I got a phone call over the weekend that a friend of mine's working on a huge estate sale and she wants me to come check it out. And by the watches. I had to weigh my options... earrings ill never wear or a chance of getting old watches... she said it's probably another week out at least. but I'll post up here if I get them.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. She said she starting to feel better this evening and finally went back to school after a week after being off for 10 days from the hurricane. So it's been crazy.

I scrapped them today. Got $784. I got a phone call over the weekend that a friend of mine's working on a huge estate sale and she wants me to come check it out. And by the watches. I had to weigh my options... earrings ill never wear or a chance of getting old watches... she said it's probably another week out at least. but I'll post up here if I get them.

It's nice to hear that she is better. Nothing will stop you in your tracks faster tthan a sick kid. Good luck at the estate sale. You now have a nice cash pile to buy stuff!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nice to hear that she is better. Nothing will stop you in your tracks faster tthan a sick kid. Good luck at the estate sale. You now have a nice cash pile to buy stuff!

Spoke too soon. Headed back to the G.I. doctor today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread