What's new

Any exact identification of this button?

history preserved

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2017
Messages
79
Reaction score
315
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489710579.187590.webp

I found this metal detecting a second Seminole war fort sight. I think it's an officers cuff button, but don't know exactly. Any help would be awesome!
 
Did you clean it or is that how it was found?

Can you post a pic of the back side?
 
I cleaned it. It says United States on the back.
 
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489800338.856082.webp

Here's the back! Says United States!
 
Closest I can find is a early militia button GI56 (Alberts) with the difference being the GI56 shield has vertical stripes where your shield has a plain field. Sometimes cuff buttons had a slightly altered front due to their size. A rather unique back mark that I have never seen.

Recommend you post it in the "what is It" forum where many experts lurk, it will get more attention.

Never clean a relic, particularly a button, to the point that you have stripped off the Patina (aged oxidation) as it devalues the item. Only clean it to remove dirt etc.
 

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom