Silver Searcher
Gold Member
allI was going through my box of whatsits today and found this
could fit Georgen or Victorian
or could it be earlier. It was totally corroded up when found, any input would be great SS
all
could fit Georgen or Victorian
or could it be earlier. It was totally corroded up when found, any input would be great I never thought about opening it Mat :P I might give that a goDCMatt said:Do a Google image search on filigree brooch pendant. You'll find plenty of examples from throughout the 19th c.
It makes me wonder if your is a mourning piece. If you popped it open would you find a lock of hair inside?
DCMatt
I think Mat has beat me to your answer BCYbigcypresshunter said:I dont know what it is, but it is cool. There is a name and era for that twisted rope style but I dont remember.
I have seen that style on Spheres before That's the lines I was thinking on alsothrillathahunt said:Hey SS,
I think your piece is from the Mid-Victorian period (1860-1885). The death of Prince Albert in 1861 threw the population into mourning which saw the rise in large heavy lockets, chains and brooches, many with the twisted rope design.
Just a quess though.
Spike... I think it once had a chain also....think I will try and get it open as Mat sudjestsIronSpike said:Interesting pin brooch. Maybe the pin attachment design on back can help date piece. Looks like it had two eyes and then maybe a chain with other attachment.
Georgian and Victorian considered same period?