What's new

Any ideas

linwood

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found this hunting near Glendale VA. Does anyone know what it is? There are letters around the whole circumference But i can only read a few (CHOLE). The back is threaded and appears to contain lead.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • relic.webp
    relic.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 483
It looks as if it has been holed to create a "buzzer"— a toy consisting of a button-like disk threaded on a loop of string, then twirled and spun by pulling on the ends of the loop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzzer_(whirligig)
 
Upvote 0
Or... Andre' the Giant's coat button.

I'd stick with the buzzer idea - PBK was around when those were invented. :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
My Grandma use to make those for me when I was a small child. Had to do something to keep me occupied and out of orneriness. M :tongue3: nty
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
719
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Spur ID
Replies
8
Views
750

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom