Caseyc

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
NorCal
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this leaf down in Texas. I know nothing about it. This site has yielded artifacts from the Civil War until the present, as well as Native American. I’m quite surprised at how well a camera phone and magnifying glass works. E3DD97A5-ED0A-4128-AF79-4E2A9C1B447D.jpeg 5ADDD695-1E09-4AB7-95D4-E9A7A4F40381.jpeg

Upvote 7
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find, congratulations! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Canadian hockey fan might be able to ID that... lol

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hard to see but it looks like the top of the leaf on the back has a protrusion. Also looks like something might have broke off right above the stem on the back, so it's looking like it is a sterling pin. Lots of people made them from Tiffany to tourist shops, might never find the exact maker without any other markings. Cool find though. What part of Texas it was found could reveal clues...

For instance: Lost Maples State Natural Area

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Caseyc

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
NorCal
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to see but it looks like the top of the leaf on the back has a protrusion. Also looks like something might have broke off right above the stem on the back, so it's looking like it is a sterling pin. Lots of people made them from Tiffany to tourist shops, might never find the exact maker without any other markings. Cool find though. What part of Texas it was found could reveal clues...

For instance: Lost Maples State Natural Area
Found on the Sabinal river, about 30 miles south of Lost Maples. They tell me it used to be a stop for the stagecoach. The cement on the porch was dated 1906.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Found on the Sabinal river, about 30 miles south of Lost Maples. They tell me it used to be a stop for the stagecoach. The cement on the porch was dated 1906.

Well then I would think it was sold at the gift shop. All the state/fed parks have always sold memento pins, patches, etc. but vintage with the STERLING and not 925.

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see the start of the STERLING mark so not that old.

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool little find! IMHO, looks 20th C.
Congrat's! It's -2 deg. & -22 deg. windchill here!

Iowa Dale

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread