Upvote 0

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First base line has always turned up the most coins for me here, good luck.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find most of my finds by the dugout entrance (third Base line) and at home plate and the pitcher's mound.

Good luck!

Wayne

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If there are no stands to sit in, behind 1st and 3rd base lines has treated me good.

I went by a park during a game and that is where everyone was sitting.

armadillo66

Jan 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a bunch of time on an old baseball field yesterday but found only a clad dime, clad quarter and a late penny, and a whole bunch of broken lightbulb pieces

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You never know til you look. With the massive increase in detectorists, you need to diversify and think outside of the box.

Go and FIND OUT! :)

Happy Hunting.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find some good rings but otherwise leave them be. Best way to piss off a park groundskeeper is to dig in the ballfield.

Work the spot where spectators put their coats over a fence or rail. ;-)

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt them all the time. Shortstop & between 1st and 2nd base has produced for me. Those spots + the suggestions from all the others basically means that you should hunt the whole field. Remember it's a park so chances are it's not only used for baseball. All sorts of activities go on in the outfield.

The only time I pass on a field is if it's in immaculate condition. Otherwise I hunt it and leave no trace of me being there. I never worry about pissing off the groundskeeper because 9 times out of 10 it's a 16 year old on a lawnmower just doing their summer job.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Yes!! they do produce and I hunt the whole thing. Often the outfield is where lots of other activities take place.

SaludaTeacha

Feb 19, 2011
Leesville, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's never been hunted you should find a ton of clad and maybe some silver if they are as old as you say. The ones I hit are pretty good about giving up clad but are very trashy. I pick up tabs a bottle caps on the surface before they give me signals on a later visit and I probably have 4-5 pulltabs, foil bits or bottle caps per coin. Hopefully people treated your field like less of a dump.

Like others have said, the baselines are pretty good about giving up coins. People sit in their chairs watching along those spots usually. Also, if it is still used, stop by on a summer night to see where people sit and watch the game. Should give you some more ideas about where the best spots for change might be.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the outfields for the same reasons. Think of company or church picnics where they have 3 legged races, water balloon tosses, wheelbarrow races...etc.
Also, have you ever seen just a pick-up game of baseball where some people don't have gloves and just yank one off their hands and toss it to someone else to use.

I had a grounds keeper flip out on me for digging in one field but pointed to another field where he told me a guy lost his wedding band. The first field was a soccer field that had an irrigation system and a couple other detector guys has poked holes in the sprinkler lines so it was off limits.

Back in the early 80's I raked tons of silver from this field...before it became a soccer field. The also had fireworks there so familys had their blankets spread out everywhere. Gotta love those multi-use fields.:thumbsup:

Al

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
concession stand and/or ticket booth area, any elevated areas overlooking field where spectators may sit, beneath any shade trees, parking areas, beneath and behind bleachers

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
highest traffic areas like everyone here is saying...look for places where bleachers used to be- the place I've been hunting used to have an old ball field in the 30's-50's, so far my friend has taken about 30 silver coins out of there- I picked up 7 one time I was out there, and two dimes last time. but it also depends on if anyone else has hunted the area before you too. one ball park that I had a line of across town was hit to death- I only found one crushed ring, and one merc (1934) out of a few days of working that area.

good luck man! take your time and you'll find something good there! no one can clean it all up! :)

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get a ring at every one I hit.... and multiple silver coins sometimes as well. I look for fields that have gone derelict. I have been run out of fields still in use.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
outfield behind 2nd base is where rings can land.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found BB fields are definitely worth your time... I found a large mans 14k gold ring behind the pitchers mound one time..... who woulda guessed it.....:dontknow:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CWnut has it pegged... the consession stand area. Better still... a direct line between the bleachers and the consession stand. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread