What's new

any one ever find one of these

snooksion

Full Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
me and my buddy were hunting a local beach and he pulled these up.we found coins ranging from 1895-1940. 1 found a 1926 class ring from fort myers.did research found the owner but she would be 108. i returned it to the school its the oldest ring they have. also he found a usaaf bombardier ring.sergeant.
 
Upvote 0
Funkalicious - Love the oddity finds! :headbang:
 
WOW!!!!

Those are extraordinary find, Snooksion! :hello2:

Mega congratulations on terrific detecting! :headbang:

I love those rings! :blob8:
Lorraine
 
Great old finds....glad to see you back. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:
 
Saw the rings yesterday at our meeting. You should have come and had dinner with all of us, we had a great time.
 
Those are what the hobby is all about..... amazing finds.

Dew
 
I don't know if you've already posted it in another thread or something but... You can't post a photo of that first ring and not even mention it! :icon_pirat: Despite what it stands for, by far the coolest find, is the KKK ring. You know it has the "Oddfellows" logo on it also, right?

odd-fellows-motto.webp
 
Great ring finds buddy. You never know what will come outta the ground. :headbang:
 
Totally awesome!
I love the "not so normal" finds.
Get some more!
 
What a great place to hunt! Those are some cool finds!!
 
Wow that is truly an amazing find :notworthy:

Jonnie
 
That USAAF ring has GOT to have some value. That was the predecessor of the Air Force, and only existed from 1941-1947...
Wow is all I can say...
 
Per PM-

Oddfellows were/are a fraternal organization- http://www.ioof.org/aboutus.html I believe the ring belonged to a "Christian" man who was a member of the I.O.O.F. and the KKK. It's definitely handcrafted. Jaded as it may be, the history outweighs the gold content in my opinion. I believe it to be post 1915 (probably 1920's) which is the 2nd era of the KKK. The second era Klan was restructured as a fraternal organization by a former Methodist clergyman William Joseph Simmons in 1915 and attracted almost 5 million American people, mainly Christians. The organization was presented in such a way at to appeal to the democratic moral, patriotic and Christian values of church goers. It was very strong in Colorado, Kansas, Maine, Oregon, Indiana and Ohio. It wasn't unusual at this time for someone to belong to more than one fraternal organization.


As for the USAAF Bombardier ring, here's a couple that sold on Ebay recently-
http://tinyurl.com/6pf8ymr and http://tinyurl.com/6mw7pjp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom