cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I found a buyer for my $1000 IKE dollars, but he is in Pennsauken, NJ and I am in Southern CA.

We have not talked price yet but even if we agree on a good price I do not feel safe sending coins that far. By his website he seems to have storefront business which I would trust before a website only business.

6-12-07 update
Never mind, he was very interested. We even agree on a price $1.15 each but he was afraid the carton might break open during the 3000 mile trip across country. So he decided against purchasing.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you need to take a summer roadtrip across the USA and CRH all along the way! :-) That's too bad he's not closer.

Nope, I'm in Ohio.

Sounds like you need to take a summer roadtrip across the USA and CRH all along the way! :-)

Be sure to pass through LJ's area if you want to retire early, and don't forget about Memphis, where Patrick Earl Houston coin hunts. I'd love to coin hunt there! haha.

Transport issues for just coins? No problem.

Here's my solution for transport that we use for iron meteorites.

First, $1,000 is trivial compared to the value of an iron meteorite. So we take much care in the shipment. For smaller, we use wood crates. For BIG irons, 20kg+ we ship in hefty Igloo coolers. secured using cardboard or expanding foam. The iron is inside a plastic bag so the foam doesn't hurt it. Second you use a complete roll of duck tape to secure the cooler lid on.

Take it to a fed ex or DHL drop and mail it. Its that easy. Don't forget to insure.

I've shipped several, and the meteorite dealers ship many this way. Its a tip from the pros.

Texas_Meteorite_Hunter said:

First, $1,000 is trivial compared to the value of an iron meteorite. So we take much care in the shipment. For smaller, we use wood crates. For BIG irons, 20kg+ we ship in hefty Igloo coolers. secured using cardboard or expanding foam. The iron is inside a plastic bag so the foam doesn't hurt it. Second you use a complete roll of duck tape to secure the cooler lid on.

Take it to a fed ex or DHL drop and mail it. Its that easy. Don't forget to insure.

I've shipped several, and the meteorite dealers ship many this way. Its a tip from the pros.

Very Interesting TMH Have you found lots of Meteorites?

CC

Texas_Meteorite_Hunter said:

First, $1,000 is trivial compared to the value of an iron meteorite. So we take much care in the shipment. For smaller, we use wood crates. For BIG irons, 20kg+ we ship in hefty ......Take it to a fed ex or DHL drop and mail it. Its that easy. Don't forget to insure.

Doesn't a $1000 meteorite only weigh ounces?

$1000 in IKEs weighs about 70lbs and I would only be making .15 profit on each. It would cost half that just to ship.

Already took back 400 to my bank. I don't want to overwhelm them with IKEs.

Don't take them back to the bank!

Put them on Ebay. They go for $1.20-$1.40 in lots of 20-100.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back