Any places/people in Benton/Bryant this Saturday (4-19-2014)?

7leafclover

Greenie
Apr 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA350,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to go out Saturday and tool around with my MD. I'll be in Bryant for Easter weekend and decided I didn't want in on the egg dying action Saturday. Is there anyone who wants to go rummage through some dirt? Got any good places in mind?

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to go out Saturday and tool around with my MD. I'll be in Bryant for Easter weekend and decided I didn't want in on the egg dying action Saturday. Is there anyone who wants to go rummage through some dirt? Got any good places in mind?

Sorry I didn't catch your post. I sometimes hunt in Benton, but I haven't had too much success. The sidewalks are hunted pretty hard, and it seems like I don't get people to the door to ask permission. Bunch of older homes are owned by one person out there that I haven't been able to corner and ask permission and everyone tells me "good luck" getting permission from him. The old iron bridge suppose to have some CW camps close by. I have never detected that area, but I know some who have found relics. Older parts of town are closer toward the tracks.

That weekend, I had to hide the eggs anyway, lol.

OP
OP

7leafclover

Greenie
Apr 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA350,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had severe pollen issues anyway. I'm thinking when the weather gets warm to wade the river at a forge / "swimmin hole" north of I30. A lot of people swim there so no telling what can be found.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had severe pollen issues anyway. I'm thinking when the weather gets warm to wade the river at a forge / "swimmin hole" north of I30. A lot of people swim there so no telling what can be found.

How long has the swimming area been used?

In the near future I may be hitting more areas in Benton and beyond because my hunting buddy is about to move down that area due to a new job. We might try and detect together sometime.

OP
OP

7leafclover

Greenie
Apr 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA350,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not from the area (my inlaws are) so I couldn't tell you. We've gone there twice to fish and both times we saw 5-10 people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions