Anybody take the med Linzess ?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Was wondering if anybody is on this medicine named Linzess or was on it and what results did you have ? Doc put me on the linzess, taking first dose this morning, I'm sure hoping the internet reviews I've read are real and not just drummed up hype.

I have ibs-c and other constipation unknowns, it causes me severe stomach pain and bloating pressure 24/7 for most of my life.
I have tried it all, from prunes to castor oils..nudda works and I hope to God this medicine does.
Will sound gross/painful but currently I'm going into my third straight week without a bowel movement...yes I hurt..BAD. I really hope this med works, heck getting shot was less painful.

Mike

Edit: I'm hoping to be pain free and drop several waist sizes...I mean where does 3 weeks of food go ? It is rather embarrassing to on a good day to be able to look straight down and see nothing but my feet, where is after 3-4 weeks with nothing moving, I cannot see my feet for my huge gut../sad.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Well then, that explains you being cranky sometimes.

Where do you live? I'm going to send my wife over to pick you up and drive you on the interstate. She scares the crap outta me, it's gotta work for you.

Awww- nevermind. I see you're from Michigan. That's normal driving for y'all.

I drank some of that Mio a few times, it's a flavored water drink additive. Everytime I did I could crap from here to next week. Even found an old sock I thought I'd lost in the dryer. I must have swallowed it somewhere along the line.

Hope you get to feeling better-

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You need a high fiber intake,EVERY morning,keeps you regular.I use a high speed grinder to grind them,add a little milk and raw honey!

GOD Bless

Chris

allbran.jpg
golden_flax_seed.jpg

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the replies..and the laughs...those always help.
I have not tried that recipe but I will.
Now the sugar free thing, that I can understand, as long as it has malitol in it, I remember when the fat free potato chips came out, made with malitol...me and I'm guessing Many other sports fans found out the hard...or loose way that you really should NOT eat a whole bag in one sitting...else you'll be sitting on the throne for a day..lol /sad.
But I already tried that, no work.
Chris I take in more fiber than what anybody should eat, half the time I start mooing like a cow, since I eat more grains then they do, along with a lot of dark green veggies...no worky..

GIB..my wife no longer drives due to her MS, kinda blinded her left eye...yes Michigan drivers...Bleh..they used to be bad while actually driving, but now everybody just texts while supposed to be driving..can't count how many rear end accidents I've seen in the last month. I'll try the mio, I'm desperate.
I had a cat scan last week of the stomach area, they tried to ytell me no major blockages but dang where is all that food ? However I barely can eat, after a few bites of anything I feel like I ate a side of beef, no room in there.

Mike

Edit: forgot to mention last week I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis...guess its bad stuff, going for a colonoscopy next week, since colon cancer is prevalent on my fathers side of the family.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the replies..and the laughs...those always help.
I have not tried that recipe but I will.
Now the sugar free thing, that I can understand, as long as it has malitol in it, I remember when the fat free potato chips came out, made with malitol...me and I'm guessing Many other sports fans found out the hard...or loose way that you really should NOT eat a whole bag in one sitting...else you'll be sitting on the throne for a day..lol /sad.
But I already tried that, no work.
Chris I take in more fiber than what anybody should eat, half the time I start mooing like a cow, since I eat more grains then they do, along with a lot of dark green veggies...no worky..

GIB..my wife no longer drives due to her MS, kinda blinded her left eye...yes Michigan drivers...Bleh..they used to be bad while actually driving, but now everybody just texts while supposed to be driving..can't count how many rear end accidents I've seen in the last month. I'll try the mio, I'm desperate.
I had a cat scan last week of the stomach area, they tried to ytell me no major blockages but dang where is all that food ? However I barely can eat, after a few bites of anything I feel like I ate a side of beef, no room in there.

Mike

Edit: forgot to mention last week I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis...guess its bad stuff, going for a colonoscopy next week, since colon cancer is prevalent on my fathers side of the family.

I had that diver stuff,sitting watching a movie with my Son,had a pain in my rt lower side,got up in the morning in extreme pain..1-10 was a 20!!!!My lower bowel blew out causing me to go septic,had I got to the hospital any later than I did I would have died,ended up with a temp. colostomy ,man I wore that bag for 8 months,went to the VA for the reversal,good as new now!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's about the only thing I fear, if the colon perforates and ruptures, at worst I'll die, at best I'll end up with a colostomy bag...and everybody around me will die...from the smell of course heh.

Mike

It is something I hope you never have to experience.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mike: Have you recently taken a big course of antibiotics ... like Ciprofloxacin (cipro)?

Every time they give me that stuff, it shuts down my digestive tract for weeks. Once I even had to be treated by taking some prescription med to replace the bacteria in my gut. One of my customers (about 45 at the time) is now in a nursing home because her colon ruptured from the same problem of too much antibiotics.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
going for a colonoscopy next week, .

Yeah, and when he pokes your butt he will need to be wearing protective gear to live through the explosion.

Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 11.00.01 AM.png

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, sorry you're having these troubles. Yep, I see a lot of friends on different meds, it sure clogs them up.
For some additional roughage, I'd suggest pitted dates and walnuts. You're a big guy Mike, as opposed to a little cat like me.
The gummi bears might work, too! Good suggestion Chad! (LOL)
Could you possibly have a gluten allergy, too?

Yeah, that gut blow-out can bring one down quick! Sorry you had to go through that WT. I had an ex, had a blow-out.
Shoulda seen me driving him to the ER. 6 months later, everything got put back to normal. THAT was NO PICNIC!
Mike, take care, possibly a little more activity also, move that big country around some, too. Good luck, friend.

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol GIB...nope, have not been on antibiotics for a long time, have had constipation most of my life, was always a bowel movement once a week, but never more than 8 days, the long term constipation started about 2 years ago..hope I don't gross anybody out, but this info may help, since somebody else may have been or is this way.
But long term prior to the start of this new constipation 2 years ago, my stool was always gigantic...sorry gross I know, and felt like giving birth..I guess, last two years however everything is opposite, now its rock hard ping pong balls...almost perfectly round.
What's worse, not sure if colon got lazy from being used to big stuff moving out, but I swear I have to strain so damn hard to move this little stuff, I'm afraid I'll have a heart attack.

A little background if it helps, about 7 years or so now ago, I used to be really obese, was just over 600 pounds, though I'm 6'10" tall, one day out of the blue, got nausea after eating, well it progressed over 2 more months to the point that I could not even drink water without vomiting, let alone eat anything, only thing I could keep down, was boiled cabbage, Lord did the weight come off, over 18 months like that I dropped 231 pounds, later found out my gallbladder was shot, it was removed, the nausea vanished...for 6 months...fast forward to today, I still get frequent nausea, but no throwing up.
Have lost a total of 312 pounds, and its still coming off, thanks to lifestyle change, lotsa exercise and eating way healthier.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I figured this is a last hope effort to maybe learn something since all the docs I've seen are stumped.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread