Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep all I find and have bought Morgan’s and eagles.
But a friend has been on me to buy gold, but lately silver.
So, today I bought 20 more 64 Kennedy halves.
Anyone else think silver is going high?
I got these at a teller a while back for face.

6DE2C284-074F-41E5-8D6A-32862884B7E6.jpeg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen a Lot of Sellers saying Silver is about to Take off.
Stack Up !

so take it for what it's Worth.

They are Trying to Sell theirs :laughing7:

When they are Buying at a Premium is a Better time to sell

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Peyton Manning
As a "Dooms Day Prepper" I have been purchasing Silver for the last 10 years.
My experience with other precious metals so far has been:
Bitcoin:
My Associate chose Bitcoin at $3,000.00 per, bought $1 million worth as a form of tax evasion, today's worth
CAN $ 90,000.00 each coin...with predictions from investors of CAD $ 150,000.00...do the math.
I did not trust Bitcoin as it was a digital currency and would not be available during any world major crisis...ie: EMP Attack.

Gold:
My previous company's owner was also a Financial Broker selling paper Gold.
20 years ago he wanted me to work for him selling Paper Gold at CAN $ 300.00 per oz., today's Physical Gold value is CAN $ 3000.00 and increasing daily due to world conflicts.
I do not trust Paper Gold as it too has no backing, but Physical Gold is a good choice.
Investors have talked about a possible CAN $ 20,000.00 per oz. if any further major disasters occur.
The problem with Gold as a Prepper is, making change...In the early times of a disaster with currency being unavailable a bartering system would prevail...Gold would be dificult to barter with.

Silver:
Over the last 10 years I have purchased CAN $20,000.00 Physical Canadian Random Maple Leaf 1 oz. Silver Dollars...Price from the CIBC Bank...their sell price was CAN $23.00 to $ 26.00 per coin.
Their posted selling rate has fluctuated from $ 32.00 to $ 53.00...today's $ 43.00.
I recently sold half my stock at CAN $ 30.00 and today could get $ 35.00.
Over the past 10 years the increase in value barely surpassed inflation, but this is not why I hold onto them...It is for peace of mind...knowing that Silver will make a good bartering tool for sometime...until it too would become useless.
Investors say Silver moves according to Gold...if Gold reaches the predicted $20,000.00 an oz. then Silver is predicted to be $ 800.00 for a 1 oz. coin.

Those 1 percent of the population who hold Physical Silver...will have won the Lottery!

Lotto.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Peyton Manning
As a "Dooms Day Prepper" I have been purchasing Silver for the last 10 years.
My experience with other precious metals so far has been:
Bitcoin:
My Associate chose Bitcoin at $3,000.00 per, bought $1 million worth as a form of tax evasion, today's worth
CAN $ 90,000.00 each coin...with predictions from investors of CAD $ 150,000.00...do the math.
I did not trust Bitcoin as it was a digital currency and would not be available during any world major crisis...ie: EMP Attack.

Gold:
My previous company's owner was also a Financial Broker selling paper Gold.
20 years ago he wanted me to work for him selling Paper Gold at CAN $ 300.00 per oz., today's Physical Gold value is CAN $ 3000.00 and increasing daily due to world conflicts.
I do not trust Paper Gold as it too has no backing, but Physical Gold is a good choice.
Investors have talked about a possible CAN $ 20,000.00 per oz. if any further major disasters occur.
The problem with Gold as a Prepper is, making change...In the early times of a disaster with currency being unavailable a bartering system would prevail...Gold would be dificult to barter with.

Silver:
Over the last 10 years I have purchased CAN $20,000.00 Physical Canadian Random Maple Leaf 1 oz. Silver Dollars...Price from the CIBC Bank...their sell price was CAN $23.00 to $ 26.00 per coin.
Their posted selling rate has fluctuated from $ 32.00 to $ 53.00...today's $ 43.00.
I recently sold half my stock at CAN $ 30.00 and today could get $ 35.00.
Over the past 10 years the increase in value barely surpassed inflation, but this is not why I hold onto them...It is for peace of mind...knowing that Silver will make a good bartering tool for sometime...until it too would become useless.
Investors say Silver moves according to Gold...if Gold reaches the predicted $20,000.00 an oz. then Silver is predicted to be $ 800.00 for a 1 oz. coin.

Those 1 percent of the population who hold Phsical Silver...will have won the Lottery!

View attachment 2141234
Totally hypothetical as the word "IF".
10-Year Prediction

According to many long-term forecasts, the value of silver is expected to go above $70 per ounce in 10 years, and some even predict it will get close to $80 per ounce. However, this amount could increase. Most value increases are due to supply and demand based on past market prices and predictions.Feb 21, 2024

If the rate of inflation stayed at 10% we wouldn't see silver at the $1000

Bernitup

Dec 8, 2016
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2141172
Precious metals is a great way to hold onto your money……as it has already been said pm's are a hedge against inflation. Holding precious metals isn’t about becoming rich per se, it’s about keeping your wealth as the fiat value depreciates. The further the value of the dollar and other fiat currencies fall, the greater the increase in the value of precious metals, specifically silver and gold. Personally, I would worry very little about platinum and palladium and focus solely on silver and gold. Yes, totally bullish on silver and love it all!!! Stack it high is my suggestion…and don’t waste any time on graded coins or graded bullion, get the generic silver and gold or go with one of the bigger mints for a little more of a premium. At the end of the day, it’s about volume, not whether it’s a US silver eagle, Canadian maple or a “graded” Australian Kookaburra….its the shiny stuff, the more the merrier. Personally I believe silver is way undervalued and greatly manipulate, kept artificially low. I also believe that silver is going to go much much higher than what we are used to seeing….$100++, why not!?! I feel the ratio of silver to gold will come closer together, maybe being half or a third of what it is currently. If electric is more of a future, cars, automation, internet of things, more consumer electronics like phones, computers, televisions etc etc all require more silver and rely on silver more than gold. Medical—hospital application, sanitation and disinfectant applications, bandage and healing applications, space and satellite application, etc…. The growing list of products requiring silver grows on a daily basis.
For those concerned about barter and a grid down situation, physical control of your precious metals is paramount… Second, having fractional silver and gold as well as US junk silver—for change and small items is a must. If you want something more divisible than a 1/10oz gold piece or even a 1 gram gold piece, then buy goldback, they are a polymer bill with gold sandwiched inside and go as far as 1/1000th of a Troy ounce and they are legitimate and used by small businesses in several states now. Stack it high ladies and gentlemen, stack it high!👍🏼🙏🏼🇺🇸✊

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was single and making good money working turn arounds I bought some 1 to 5 ounce pieces 12 years ago when it was $30 an ounce…and it preceded to drop to $20. Well I have it just sitting in the safe for a really rainy day.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though we are seeing high prices for gold ... when adjusted for inflation... gold's highest value / price was in Jan 1980.

"When adjusted for inflation, gold set an all-time high of about $3,200 in 1980, according to Peter Boockvar, chief investment officer at Bleakley Financial Group. “We're still a ways away, which then also points to the potential upside,” said Boockvar, who believes gold will also test the inflation-adjusted record."

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I buy silver on occasion usually 1-2 k worth at a time and keep it in my gun safe. After reading all these posts, I think its time to buy some more. If the SHTF or when the dollar crashes it will be a nice hedge. Paper money is really getting hammered with high costs and inflation.

Bernitup

Dec 8, 2016
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy silver on occasion usually 1-2 k worth at a time and keep it in my gun safe. After reading all these posts, I think its time to buy some more. If the SHTF or when the dollar crashes it will be a nice hedge. Paper money is really getting hammered with high costs and inflation.
Paper money has 1) NO INTRINSIC VALUE, 2) It is backed by nothing more than FAITH, 3) Fiat currency is a DEBT INSTRUMENT… and so on and so forth, et al.

Food for thought….the US Fed Gov pays a private institution to print our US currency…the PRIVATELY OWNED Federal Reserve…which receives full face value plus interest for those bills that cost them mere cents to make. SO…if we pay FULL FACE VALUE for our currency PLUS a percentage, say 3%…. then….THEN…how do you get caught up on the national debt. You DON'T, it is mathematically impossible. Print money….then more printing, then more. The continued printing, thus the dilution of the money supply IS YOUR INFLATION-the hidden tax on you and your savings. We The People are being screwed on so many levels by the banking cartel….there are others that take it to the people as well, but that is another day.
In this world today, investing in precious metals, land, land, land and things that make you money—like tractors, or a semi or a skid steer, a lawnmower, etc., is something we should all do. Other things can bring you some security, like animals or a perpetual grow operation—like a garden, etc. Having precious metals, like gold and that lovely silver, allows for an easier forum of exchange…an easy way to “pay” for something or use AS “money”…when you have an easy form of exchange/barter, it allows for greater freedom of products, ideas and an exchange of goods from far off destinations, TRADE.

Since I am throwing opinions around here, I do think there is a good chance that “they” will do something to further erode and ultimately bring down our DOLLAR and thus our economy. All to ultimately bring in a central digital currency, CBDC… Probably tell the people if they want the money that vanished from their bank accounts then you will accept it…sadly most will, when in fact, en masse, it can be resisted and REPLACED with sound money…coined in just weights and measures. Ok, thank you for allowing me to ramble…if you can’t tell, I wholeheartedly support saving silver and gold. I share this in the hopes others can gain something by it or at least open a door for you to investigate. Good luck and stack it high!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Paper money has 1) NO INTRINSIC VALUE, 2) It is backed by nothing more than FAITH, 3) Fiat currency is a DEBT INSTRUMENT… and so on and so forth, et al.

Food for thought….the US Fed Gov pays a private institution to print our US currency…the PRIVATELY OWNED Federal Reserve…which receives full face value plus interest for those bills that cost them mere cents to make. SO…if we pay FULL FACE VALUE for our currency PLUS a percentage, say 3%…. then….THEN…how do you get caught up on the national debt. You DON'T, it is mathematically impossible. Print money….then more printing, then more. The continued printing, thus the dilution of the money supply IS YOUR INFLATION-the hidden tax on you and your savings. We The People are being screwed on so many levels by the banking cartel….there are others that take it to the people as well, but that is another day.
In this world today, investing in precious metals, land, land, land and things that make you money—like tractors, or a semi or a skid steer, a lawnmower, etc., is something we should all do. Other things can bring you some security, like animals or a perpetual grow operation—like a garden, etc. Having precious metals, like gold and that lovely silver, allows for an easier forum of exchange…an easy way to “pay” for something or use AS “money”…when you have an easy form of exchange/barter, it allows for greater freedom of products, ideas and an exchange of goods from far off destinations, TRADE.

Since I am throwing opinions around here, I do think there is a good chance that “they” will do something to further erode and ultimately bring down our DOLLAR and thus our economy. All to ultimately bring in a central digital currency, CBDC… Probably tell the people if they want the money that vanished from their bank accounts then you will accept it…sadly most will, when in fact, en masse, it can be resisted and REPLACED with sound money…coined in just weights and measures. Ok, thank you for allowing me to ramble…if you can’t tell, I wholeheartedly support saving silver and gold. I share this in the hopes others can gain something by it or at least open a door for you to investigate. Good luck and stack it high!
You are correct. No one wants CBDC's except the billionaires that will continue to get richer, and more powerful. They will concoct some "emergency" foisted on mankind by the governments controlled by the oligarchs to implement the roll out. Total control. Control the money & food, you control the masses. Gold, Silver, guns, bullets, food, etc will be at a premium.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2141172
You did Great!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread