What's new

anyone care to put a date on these bottles?

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
4,180
Golden Thread
0
Location
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these two old crown top bottles today. I tried to search United States Beverage Co but just got modern results.... The US Beverage bottle is marked "ROOT" on the bottom....

1.webp2.webp3.webp4.webp5.webp6.webp7.webp8.webp
 
They are machine made beer bottles.
Not all that old.
Cool find... look a little deeper and you might fine the old stuff.
Good luck
 
Upvote 0
They are machine made beer bottles.
Not all that old.
Cool find... look a little deeper and you might fine the old stuff.
Good luck

The ROOT mark is early 1900's from what little I could find... so fairly old... I don't usually keep crown tops unless they have interesting old labels or embossing
 
Upvote 0
First fully automated bottle machine 1903, other machine used late1890s. So most likely early 1900s at the earliest
 
Upvote 0
Yeah and it seems it was a 2 parts mold, so beginning of the 1900 to 1920ish
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom