Anyone Detect in Aroostook County, Maine?

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Husband and I have a vacation home near Squapan Lake in northern Maine (3 hours north of Bangor). Does anyone know of any good detecting spots in Aroostook County? We can detect both water and land. Thanks for the help.

Anita

Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dress warm!

pjm66

Jul 18, 2010
Somerset Co NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My mother lives in near Presque Isle, I've detected up that way a little and found some good stuff. Best find was a Habitant token I pulled out of her side yard. Loring AFB had a lot of guys there for a long time but I doubt they will let you detect there---base is closed but it is still government property. A lot of the camps around SquaPan are old, my uncle built his in the '50's, see if you can detect any of them. Also, I think the CCC used to have a camp around Haystack Mtn. Lots of old homes and even older farms. Check out the parks around Limestone. Cool thing is you will find Canadian as well, I found a 1913 George V dime and a large cent with Victoria on it (forget date). Careful in Aroostook State Park---I don't think they let you detect there. There is definitely lots of silver in the ground on and around the base, put in a little research and you'll find some good spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread