What's new

Anyone ever find canadian halves?

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just curious to see how many canadian halves u guys have found. I live in Michigan, I find canadian coins quite often. Never canadian halves though.
 
Upvote 0
Found a 1963 in a customer roll awhile back, that's my only one.
 
I've heard that Canadian halves are very uncommon to find. If you're in Canada, they say that you can't find any halves, but that they believe that all of them are hidden in a vault somewhere.
 
I found one from 1959 a year ago in a Brinks roll. They are difficult to find because they have slightly smaller diameter than US halves.
 
I've found one in two years of searching.

Maine_Jim
 
I've found two in the past year. One in a box and one in loose halves late 40's and late 50's. Nice looking coins.
HH
Rich
 
Just found my first in about a million halves.
 

Attachments

  • sm_1959_cdn_half.webp
    sm_1959_cdn_half.webp
    72.6 KB · Views: 467
thanks for the replies guys. I think Canada has some neat coins, I would love to find a canadian half. Hopefully one of these days I will come across one.
Nice pic kestrelia
 
No, but I got a '68 canadian dollar shoved in a hand roll

HH
-GC
 
I have found around 5 of them only 3 different occasions over the course of the last 4 years. In that time I probably have had over 2 million half dollars pass through my fingers.

I will post a photo later.

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
I have found around 5 of them only 3 different occasions over the course of the last 4 years. In that time I probably have had over 2 million half dollars pass through my fingers.

I will post a photo later.

Mojo

You would think that being so close to Canada you would get a lot of their silver. How do you do with silver Canadian dimes and quarters?
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
You would think that being so close to Canada you would get a lot of their silver. How do you do with silver Canadian dimes and quarters?
HH
Rich

Not that much there either. Find lots of Canadian coin but the silver finds are very slim.

Mojo
 
Thanks Kestrelia, and I would really like to see more pics if anyone has any. ffd
 
Fistfulladirt said:
Thanks Kestrelia, and I would really like to see more pics if anyone has any. ffd
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3509.webp
    DSCN3509.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCN3512.webp
    DSCN3512.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 345
I got this in change about 5 years ago. I was super excited. 1928 canadian dime.
 

Attachments

  • coin 001.webp
    coin 001.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 278
  • coin 002.webp
    coin 002.webp
    4 KB · Views: 289
Being close to canada, I've gotten 30 canadian dimes, 2 being george V (1911-1936) and 3 silver quarters. Oftentimes, I will find silver canadians in dumps because people don't realize that canadians can be collectible

HH
-GC
 
goldencoin said:
Being close to canada, I've gotten 30 canadian dimes, 2 being george V (1911-1936) and 3 silver quarters. Oftentimes, I will find silver canadians in dumps because people don't realize that canadians can be collectible

HH
-GC
GC, like you, I'm close to Canada and I've almost filled a whole roll with silver Canadian dimes, (it's taken 3 years).
 
Just canadian clad quarters and pennys.

One penny is a 1933 canadian.

DW
 
coinmojo said:
I have found around 5 of them only 3 different occasions over the course of the last 4 years. In that time I probably have had over 2 million half dollars pass through my fingers.
Mojo

I pulled out my Canadian halves and snapped a photo along with some of the dimes. Looks like I actually found more than 5.

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • canadian dimes.webp
    canadian dimes.webp
    76.8 KB · Views: 200
  • oa canadian halves.webp
    oa canadian halves.webp
    91 KB · Views: 194
  • 1951 canadian halves.webp
    1951 canadian halves.webp
    95.5 KB · Views: 192

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom