anyone ever find coins with advertising stickers on them?

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i just found another half with a red sticker on the reverse that advertises aunt chiladas easy street cafe. i was getting one of these about every 3 weeks or so and i thought it waS the same one and i was getting it back over and over. so about a month ago i kept it out and today i got 2 more of them. just wondering if anyone else had gotten any. i googled the cafe and it is located in hilton head sc ???

Upvote 0
silvercop said:
i just found another half with a red sticker on the reverse that advertises aunt chiladas easy street cafe. i was getting one of these about every 3 weeks or so and i thought it waS the same one and i was getting it back over and over. so about a month ago i kept it out and today i got 2 more of them. just wondering if anyone else had gotten any. i googled the cafe and it is located in hilton head sc ???

Yes have had several, been while since sen one don't remember what it was but a bar restaurant if memory is correct.

My brother in colorado gets a bunch that are for some rodeo in wyoming... Must be why rodeos are so popular...

Yes, I have found 2 or 3. I don't remember what was being advertised but I think it may have been a restaurant. I just threw it in the dump pile. Come to think of it......it may have been the same coin each time & it was just recycled.....lol.

that is what i thought was happening. i thought i was getting the same coin back over and over. i was really suprised when i got 2 of them today. guess i will hold them out with the other one and see if i get anymore

I have gotten that same one several times. I am nowhere near Alabama though!

That's awesome. Those must be my dumps. I was getting a few each week. Pulling from a different district and dumping in another, I know they weren't my own dumps. I was thinking of saving them and taking a road trip to "bring them home". Same exact restaurant/bar as you have been getting. Whenever one of these halves popped up, I would groan as the rest of the box was sure to be a skunk. Nothing ever good came out of the boxes with these halves.

your right diver. both came out of skunk boxes today. this is the 3rd one of those i have found and kept with the ads on them. i wonder if the resturant had some kind of promo going on with them? like maybe a free lunch if it is returned to them or something?

I have gotten several with that sticker. I also use to get them from Chucks Hamburgers, good for a small sundae. We had one of those near us, so I use to use them there until they went out of business. Probably got about a half dozen cheap sundaes.

i have a couple pennies from a while back. Burke's ice cream.....lady owned an ice cream stop on 220 in Sullivan County Pa....got them in change when hunting in the area.

silvercop said:
your right diver. both came out of skunk boxes today. this is the 3rd one of those i have found and kept with the ads on them. i wonder if the resturant had some kind of promo going on with them? like maybe a free lunch if it is returned to them or something?

I'm not sure of the promo. I was going to keep them hoping it was worth a drink. After going through box after box of skunks with these cursed halves, I figure it was the least they could do. Eventually, I tossed them back as I was getting so many. Just hope that you don't get more.

I have gotten that same one several times.
Wow I don't understant what you mean? I have never ever gotetten the same coins again :wink: :wink: :wink:

We should mark some with our screennames and see if anyone else on the site finds it.
Sort of a CRH game of tag. Some added fun to our hobby?!

I get one every couple of months. I live near VA. beach and alot of places do that.

Golden Silver

I get the Aunt Chiladas one every once in a while. Funny thing is, we have two timeshares in Hilton Head, and I ate at Aunt Chiladas a few weeks ago! :icon_thumright:

-Paul

I have gotten bunches of the ones that say "Good for one World's smallest milkshake" I see these constantly. JP

coolpix9 said:
I have gotten bunches of the ones that say "Good for one World's smallest milkshake" I see these constantly. JP
probably the regular price of the mlkshake is 50¢

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back