What's new

Anyone ever see one of these before.

digordie

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
361
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
Is it just a uniface flake scraper or something different?
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140202_222550.webp
    ForumRunner_20140202_222550.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 153
  • ForumRunner_20140202_222600.webp
    ForumRunner_20140202_222600.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 159
  • ForumRunner_20140202_222623.webp
    ForumRunner_20140202_222623.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 139
  • ForumRunner_20140202_222715.webp
    ForumRunner_20140202_222715.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 152
  • ForumRunner_20140202_222739.webp
    ForumRunner_20140202_222739.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 132
  • ForumRunner_20140202_222803.webp
    ForumRunner_20140202_222803.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 154
  • ForumRunner_20140202_222830.webp
    ForumRunner_20140202_222830.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 0
It looks like an end scraper that could double for a small adze..that's a nice one.. did you find it?
mabey other artifacts nearby could give you some more info.
Could you take a couple photos of the rounded end? Is there any damage across the front?
It looks like it would haft much better as an adze.
 
Last edited:
I was just at a friends house in washington state who had a small selection of points that she doesnt remember where they came from, she is getting up there . This artifact was among them. The way it arched with the linial grooves similar to a clovis was intriguing to me. I dont understand how in earth it was made.
 
The arch was just a natural shape of the flake the way it came off the mother stone
 
Ya thats what I was thinking too yet its so perfect. It is like the perfect accidental flake.
 
Beautiful Example!

I just love those large uni-face scrapers.
 
One of my favorite tool types.
 
That's a nice one. Does it have an arch to it as well.
 
Here are a few of the large ones that I have with a nice curve to them.

DSCN3726.webpDSCN3725.webp
DSCN3724.webpDSCN3723.webp
all of these have a nice curve to them
DSCN3730.webp
 
Thanks for sharing Quito. Those are nice.
 
that looks like it was struck off a core similar to this...and has the thin ends worked or hacked off
 

Attachments

  • image-3719470659.webp
    image-3719470659.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 116
that looks like it was struck off a core similar to this...and has the thin ends worked or hacked off
woopsie didn't see someone beat me to it
 
Thanks gtk96 for the pic.Now I understand how it was made.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom