Anyone familiar with Pistols?

BornOnFire

Jun 11, 2011
Sahuarita, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II DP; Bounty Hunter TK4-PL Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Good advice to hang onto it if you can, If you absolutely need the $$ maybe get a buddy to loan you some cash and use the gun as collateral. The market really sucks right now.... >:(

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO, If you are not interested in it as a keepsake or for your own collection, then you should view this as you would any collectable you are not interested in, and look at its price history. I don't think it's a great investment just in financial terms. Of course, great investments are hard to find today. But, if you want the money now, for your mom for instance (and I'm sure a grand will help her), just use the best resource to get the best price, probably that gun trader website. The larger the potential market, the better price you will get, generally. If it's not a local sale, have the buyer pay with a postal money order. If the buyer wants to use Paypal, that's ok as they will guarantee the payment, but they charge about 3%.

4ster

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2011
I'm getting in on this kind of late. Dan Wesson Pistol Packs are pricey, They don't make them anymore. I wouldn't sell it (hopefully I'm not too late) unless you absolutely have to. Let it sit a while. People buying in this market are looking for deals from those who have to liquidate. 50 to 75% of actual market value is what they're paying. Depending on what it is exactly, some are listed for 2 grand.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In some areas, Dan Wessons are unheard of. I have had one for about 30 yrs. There are no better revolvers made. It was my bullseye competation gun for 20 yrs. I have a S&W K-38 masterpiece that probably shoots as good as the DW, but it has the 6-7/8" bbl, the DW has a 4" Keep it if you can. They are hard to come by these days. If I can find a DW .22, I would get it in a heartbeat.
I reload for the DW, so I get to shoot it a couple of hundred times a month. good luck. Be proud of what you got.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread