What's new

Anyone here from back in the day?

I too remember L. J. - She was setting the high bar for silver scores for most of us . I will always come in and out of CRH as the spirit moves me , the bottom line for me is ..am I enjoying it ? If the answer is no , I take a break ..come back whenever I get the urge ! It's all good !!
 
I’m still here but mainly as a lurker. Started out in ‘07 and am still hitting hard today. Recently found my oldest coin ever an 1866 shield nickel.
Semper Fi
 
Why, were your ears burning? Lol!!!
:laughing7::laughing7: Oh yeah, lol. Enamel, I remember when I used to drive you up the wall back in the day!!! Good times!!
 
Last edited:
hello.webp
 
You CC? Never! :laughing7: What’s up -

Hahaha what's up FFD?? You definitely count as one of the old schoolers, and I'll never forget ya buddy! How's the dirtfishing going?

I think you, Mountainman2, and Enamel7 are the few remaining folks that still actually post from the old gang back in the day. I remember Obediah, D2arcing, CoinMojo, Phrostie, GoldenSilver, MrG, and Mudswatt to name a few people, but most haven't been active in years.
 
Dad and Tanner are here. Although Tanner is a senior in high school and off to college soon.
Rich Hartford was one of our favorites. RIP
We still get a box of halves a week, and I stop at banks as I work around Michigan and Ohio.
Now a days a lot more banks you need to have an account, or show an ID to get coins than when we started.
It has been a fun ride.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner
 
Dozer D here, (age 72) and enjoy the hobby and the TN forum. Been on the site since Feb 2012, but was reading posts for some time prior. Been involved with coin collecting since early '60s, only wish that I had started saving all my SILVER back then, everything was silver then. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, given the Hunt brothers a run for the silver, hahaha.
 
:laughing7::laughing7: Oh yeah, lol. Enamel, I remember when I used to drive you up the wall back in the day!!! Good times!!

Did your original account get banned? I looked through all my old posts and saw one or two replying to comments you made that ceased to exist. I have no recollection but my responses suggest you were a bad boy cause even I was coming after ya.
 
Did your original account get banned? I looked through all my old posts and saw one or two replying to comments you made that ceased to exist. I have no recollection but my responses suggest you were a bad boy cause even I was coming after ya.

They deleted my old account. The mods just couldn't keep up with me back in the day, lol. I still am quite the firebrand, but I possess a bit more tact now. Maturity and life does it I guess.
 
Last edited:
I remember the shenanigans of one member who was banned a year or so ago.
Some examples that still make me chuckle:
A poster was relating his percentages of skunks vs. 90%ers vs 40%ers, and stated he was a numbers guy. The member came back, asking about time spent hunting and cost of operating a vehicle in the pursuit, stating that he too was a 'numbers guy'.
The members sig line stated his likes was coin roll hunting. After a week or so of lashing out at others, someone suggested he should give up and go away. I noticed after that his likes sig line was edited to read 'Not Coin Roll Hunting'.

Most members were calling him out, but I had the hunch he was just messing with people. He was a reliable source of amusement to me!
 
I remember the shenanigans of one member who was banned a year or so ago.
Some examples that still make me chuckle:
A poster was relating his percentages of skunks vs. 90%ers vs 40%ers, and stated he was a numbers guy. The member came back, asking about time spent hunting and cost of operating a vehicle in the pursuit, stating that he too was a 'numbers guy'.
The members sig line stated his likes was coin roll hunting. After a week or so of lashing out at others, someone suggested he should give up and go away. I noticed after that his likes sig line was edited to read 'Not Coin Roll Hunting'.

Most members were calling him out, but I had the hunch he was just messing with people. He was a reliable source of amusement to me!

Crazy that even something like CRH has its clowns.
 
8 years later
Wow. revived from the dust bin. I wrote a story on Coin Roll hunting for Western and Eastern Treasures for their January 2008 issue. It turned into a four page article. Talked to people right here from this board. Bonnie from Louisiana. That's how I referred to her in the article, instead of by her name here. In the first seven months of 2007 she claimed to have found 6,299 40% halves and 770 of the 90% halves. 102 Franklins, 42 Walkers, and 1 Barber. I also mentioned Ryan A from Utah. Is he still on this board? I have no remembrance of who he was or his name here. LOL. Yes, back in 2007 and 2008, things were MUCH easier when it came to finding silver in rolls. I paid for my entire front hard to be changed from grass to desert landscape, just with the sale of one year's worth of 90% Halves. Now? Out west here, it seems very hard to find silver. I find W quarters when I go to Vegas, still every trip, but not much else. If I see someone post about a great box, with lots of silver, I already know before i look to the profile that they are from the east coast. That's where it seems silver still exists. But it was fun while it lasted. ANd fun to read this thread about us oldies, even though the post itself now IS an oldie. As am I and the others who I remember. RIP Rich. And Captain Ed from the shipwrecks board. I think the rest of us are still kicking.
 
Occasional lurker here - latest find was yesterday, an XF 1929 Lincoln cent from a Coinstar. Last week I picked up a collection dump of halves, came with all the proofs from 1971 - 1989, a bunch of 1987's also. Those were in rolls from a teller. Not worth much but entertaining and saved a few that looked perfect. Sold off some of my finds when silver went over $100 which was nice. Nothing like the olden days though when the finds were everywhere and every box averaged at least a few silvers.

Check this link out for a look at my best day ever CRHing.


Maine_Jim
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom