What's new

Anyone here from back in the day?

Cyberdan, have to ask with that box of coins was it easy to sell on Ebay and worth the time and effort collecting them. I see boxes, bags and small piles of foreign coins at some garage sales and estate sales and always walk by them. Figured I had no knowledge of what they are worth piece by piece but maybe a pile of them might be worth trying?
 
Cyberdan, have to ask with that box of coins was it easy to sell on Ebay and worth the time and effort collecting them. I see boxes, bags and small piles of foreign coins at some garage sales and estate sales and always walk by them. Figured I had no knowledge of what they are worth piece by piece but maybe a pile of them might be worth trying?

At yard sales I would always ask if they had old coins. I never said american or silver. Many time they would run in and bring out an old little jar or box. I would point out all the u.S. and mention the others were pretty worthless. I would make an offer and if they liked it they got paid. My offer was mostly made on the U.S. silver. The foreign just got thrown in that green tool box. That is 3-4 years of accumulation. There are several pieces of paper money there. I evened it out into 6 or 7 auctions (handful of coins and 1 paper bill) sold all, easy on ebay. That was my lead photo. I didn't promise anything except "foreign coins and a paper note". The foreign cost very little. Still have a lot of canadian somewhere. I kept the Japanese yen. I go there every few years.
 
Been active CRH off and on since ‘77.
Stopped around 2014 due to excessive bank maintainance fees not related to box/coin purchases.
Found two silver quarters in change this year and a silver Rosie yesterday.
300+ silvers via dirtfishing since 2010.

Edit: really miss it sometimes.
 
I am a member and coin roll hunted back in 2005-2007. I just started doing it again last Thursday.
 
When i read the title i was thinking yeah, i'm from back in the day- born 76-80s, 90s kid, i remember. Then i read on an was like oh, from on this forum.:dontknow:
 
I'm still here .I never really posted a lot .I'm still detecting but not finding anything earthshaking enough to post . I miss a lot of the folks who are no longer posting here . I wonder how Spartacus is doing ? I used to enjoy his sense of humor .

I used to do really well coin roll hunting halves but I gave that up after everyone and their brother started doing it ( especially the bank tellers ) . I never pass up a Coinstar without checking it out and have done pretty well but the pickings there are getting rarer also . Between being confined indoors by the previous unhealthy smoke from the wildfires and now the rain and baby sitting I haven't gotten out to detect in a while .I'm looking forward to getting out again , hopefully soon . Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all !
 
I guess I'm a rookie. 2013. Love this stuff.
 
Still at it but a bit quieter on the board. Not buying as many boxes as I used to but still enjoying it. Occasional finds keep coming in to make it interesting. Got two solid rolls of 40% yesterday so it still is out there. Look forward to $50 an ounce again...
Maine_Jim
 
I too was very active back in the day. Usually posting almost daily and reading posts all the time.

Geographic move and ever tightening bank policies have slowed down the searching, but still continue the hunt (in fact picked up a ‘92S silver proof half just today), but at a much slower pace. Good to see some of the old gang posted on here. Merry Christmas all, and good hunting.
 
It's good to see so many of the veteran posters still out there. How many here remember Rich Hartford? (RIP). The last I remember about LJ, she was studying for a law degree if my senior memory serves me right.
 
It's good to see so many of the veteran posters still out there. How many here remember Rich Hartford? (RIP). The last I remember about LJ, she was studying for a law degree if my senior memory serves me right.

Sure do - those were good years!

Maine_Jim
 
Still here, still a junior member. ��
 
It's good to see so many of the veteran posters still out there. How many here remember Rich Hartford? (RIP). The last I remember about LJ, she was studying for a law degree if my senior memory serves me right.


I remember LJ very well, but I was not a fan, to say the least.

And RIP Rich. Rich was a good dude.
 
Last edited:
Who here remembers Obediah??
 
I remember LJ very well, but I was not a fan, to say the least.

And RIP Rich. Rich was a good dude.

Nothing wrong with LJ. We had quite a few private discussions talking about "unsavory" posters and trying to figure them out! She hasn't visited the forum in several years. Wish she would come back.
 
Rich and I communicated often also. It was quite a shock when he passed.
 
Nothing wrong with LJ. We had quite a few private discussions talking about "unsavory" posters and trying to figure them out! She hasn't visited the forum in several years. Wish she would come back.

Lol did you consider me unsavory back in the day? :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom