What's new

Anyone here from back in the day?

I think you're talking about Patrick Earl Houston. I don't remember him, he was before my time, but I go all the way back to 2009. I remember when the board was booming in 09. So many posts. I'd go out for 4 or 5 hours, come back home and log on, and there'd be so many new posts.
 
I'm still here too. Don't do halves since my dump bank got rid of their coin machine. Still read the forums every day though.
 
I still read some of the posts and occasionally respond, but I haven't really been CRH'ing for a few years as I have been too busy with my other urban treasure hunting hobby, so not much to post.

In the meantime, the bank I used to use for picking up has changed their policy on selling bags directly off the coin machine as they were bought by another bank and the new owner has much much stricter policies. The bank I used to use for dumping (Wells Fargo) has removed all of their self serve coin machines and went back to hand rolled coins.

Although I could potentially find other banks or change how I CRH'ed, the system I was using for years would no longer even work today so it would cost me more in gas and time.
 
I still read some of the posts and occasionally respond, but I haven't really been CRH'ing for a few years as I have been too busy with my other urban treasure hunting hobby, so not much to post.

In the meantime, the bank I used to use for picking up has changed their policy on selling bags directly off the coin machine as they were bought by another bank and the new owner has much much stricter policies. The bank I used to use for dumping (Wells Fargo) has removed all of their self serve coin machines and went back to hand rolled coins.

Although I could potentially find other banks or change how I CRH'ed, the system I was using for years would no longer even work today so it would cost me more in gas and time.

Always loved reading all the cool stuff you got from those bags, I haven't found any banks that will sell me either

HH
-GC
 
When I was a HS freshman, I could have gone to the bank and received a mixed box of Peace and Morgan silver dollars. (1954).
Thankfully, I was already collecting coins at that time.
Don......
 
Wasn't his name 50cent, or something like that? I believe his avatar was the rapper, 50 Cent.

No it was Patrick Earl Houston. He also goes by Ben Lee. I outed him as a white boy from Atlanta. Just did a little quick snooping he is still selling on feeBay he was last on here in 2011 and is 46 now. A little too old to play rapper. If any one wants a little chuckle here is my post:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/50847-secret-life-patrick-earl-houston.html

I had only been on this board for about half a year got bored at the office and did some investigating.
 
Hello sir,

I’m still here. Barely CRH anymore but still pop in to see what y’all are finding. I did search a box of nickels and a box of cents with my sons recently. We got 29 wheats and 1 war nickel. Those were the first boxes that I searched in a couple of years. I still buy halves occasionally when on road trips for work. Finds have been meager so I don’t post. I got a lonely 40%er yesterday in $200.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
No it was Patrick Earl Houston. He also goes by Ben Lee. I outed him as a white boy from Atlanta. Just did a little quick snooping he is still selling on feeBay he was last on here in 2011 and is 46 now. A little too old to play rapper. If any one wants a little chuckle here is my post:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/50847-secret-life-patrick-earl-houston.html

I had only been on this board for about half a year got bored at the office and did some investigating.

Haha i actually remember seeing this back in the day crazy it was 11 years ago!
 
Hello sir,

I’m still here. Barely CRH anymore but still pop in to see what y’all are finding. I did search a box of nickels and a box of cents with my sons recently. We got 29 wheats and 1 war nickel. Those were the first boxes that I searched in a couple of years. I still buy halves occasionally when on road trips for work. Finds have been meager so I don’t post. I got a lonely 40%er yesterday in $200.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Nice to see you still here!
 
I'm still around and still pretty thrilled with CRH , I haven't done as many boxes of half dollars lately - I have been having fun with pennies, but I hope to begin halfs again soon ,and the occasional dime box too .
 
I stopped CRH around senior year HS. A bit later started going to coin and gold shops to look at their junk bins, had a goal of getting a coin from every country. I didn't do half bad in that respect.

I really fell in favor with the foreign collecting but the time has passed even for that, maybe again when there's time. This was the place I hung out at when I was a kid, crazy to read those old messages.
 
Last edited:
I got most of my foreign at yardsales. When I lived in SoCA (100 miles north of mexico) I would get more Canadian and Japanese coins than pesos. I did get a very old mexican copper in CRH ing at a local bank. Here is an ebay auction where I was selling a lot of my yardsale finds. All foreign.
 

Attachments

  • COINS-1.webp
    COINS-1.webp
    181.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom