What's new

Anyone know what these are??

outdoorfunblonde

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
329
Reaction score
446
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't always know what my fossil findings are...
As you can see, I have picked up pieces of many sizes.
These come in all sizes... small and thin to big and wide. They have hollow centers.
At first, I was thinking these might be parts of spines from some kinda skeleton...
Now, I don't think so, but don't know what either way!
Anyone... any clue???
 

Attachments

  • fossils 019.webp
    fossils 019.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 133
  • fossils 020.webp
    fossils 020.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 140
  • fossils 022.webp
    fossils 022.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 127
  • fossils 023.webp
    fossils 023.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 140
At first I put this on the forum "what is this"... forgetting that there was a specific fossil place on this site (new to me)
It was solved with a very specific answer with pics... VERY COOL, you ought to check it out!
 
At first I put this on the forum "what is this"... forgetting that there was a specific fossil place on this site (new to me)
It was solved with a very specific answer with pics... VERY COOL, you ought to check it out!

I looked, and you had two suggestions in that "What Is It" thread. The answer with the images was wrong. What you have are not crinoid parts, if that is what you have accepted. Crinoid stems do not exhibit the tight spiral form of your fossils. Unhappily, I cannot confirm the other answer you got.
 
I looked, and you had two suggestions in that "What Is It" thread. The answer with the images was wrong. What you have are not crinoid parts, if that is what you have accepted. Crinoid stems do not exhibit the tight spiral form of your fossils. Unhappily, I cannot confirm the other answer you got.

The other post was mine.
My answer was clearly not acceptable.
But I stick to what I said.


Bone2stone
 
Last edited:
Spiral mollusc fossil??

seashell.jpg
 
cool pic, but mine are almost same width each end...
Thank you for all input!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom