72.3 KB · Views: 3,408

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Looks like a snake oil gimmick. Ie.: throw some wires, lights, batteries, etc... on to a LRL rod (yester-year's coat-hanger or wire rod) and "presto!" you have people thinking they can locate stuff from long distances. Sure they'll even have testimonials (pictures of people posed next to their jars of gold coins they supposedly found). If you want to buy a coat hanger for that kind of money, email me. I'll sell you one :laughing7: And yes, if you dig around enough ruins long enough, and use a metal detector to "pinpoint", I too can guarantee you that you will eventually find something too :tongue3:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
just because you've never seen one doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
there are MD's overseas that are very popular, but are not sold here.
I've never heard of this one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work
however, I wouldn't spend too much on something I've never heard of JMO

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Sniffer said:
just because you've never seen one doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
there are MD's overseas that are very popular, but are not sold here.
I've never heard of this one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work
however, I wouldn't spend too much on something I've never heard of JMO
The problem with this is it isn't a metal detector, it's technically called a Long Range Locater (LRL.) It basically employs junk physics and pretty flashing lights to convince people there's gold three football fields away.

John, if you can, cancel your order and get a refund before the box shows up, and then go out and get a nice Minelab. There are US manufacturers, but they sell the same crapola. If it was as teriffic as the manufacturer claims, 50 meters deep, then it would have it's own forum here on TreasureNet and White's would be out of business.

OP
OP
john0061

john0061

Sep 24, 2009
o, sounds no good opinion on this equipment. I ordered 2 equips, one is minelab GPX4500, the other is this long range king. what i'm thinking is, first using this LRL to search in a large area, then using GPX to pinpoint. cuz it'll be much time needed if only using GPX, and hard to search every corner of a piece of land. this LRL costs me about U$2200,it's made in China, they say just imitates a similar one from taiwan. the Chinese factory manufacturing tons of stuff, not only detectors, also some other detecting equipments, eg. the detectors for airplane security. seems it's trustable. , and there's a number of guys buying it, so they produce this for couple of years. in the beginning, i want to fly to china, and do some testing with their technicians, say burying a piece of metal, gold or silver, then try it, if it can detect it , then i will buy. but im some busy these days, and the air ticket would cost me about A$1000. so asking them to post it over.

asking about the theory of this LRL, that technician even doesn't know it. but i think there would be some workable principles for this invention. i dont think the factory intentionally cheating on buyers, if something wrong, there must be that theory's fault. let's see how it'll work, it'll get here soon.

the other day, passing by the ballarat in Victorian, the famous australia gold rush old town/city. it looks nice. i spent the money on detectors, it means much to me, just becuz i believe, there's heaps of gold in australia.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I assume you're looking for nuggets in their natural state, right? Ie.: not coins, jewelry, cache or relic hunting, etc..... right? Because the GPX4500 is only for nuggets (and you'd go crazy hunting in any other type site or goals with that).

The marketers of your LRL may be sincere, and they may sell other legitimate material in their lineup. It's no different, I suppose, than Kelly-co, that sells LRL j*nk, but also sells legitimate detectors too. And I doubt that they can really tell you how the LRL works. Oh sure, they may string together long strings of official sounding $20 words.

There is a problem with thinking you can use an LRL to hone down to a certain search area, then pull out a detector to "pinpoint". Because think of it: if you take the thing to likely gold producing areas (or in the case of cache hunting, to likely looking ruins, etc.....) and then pull out a detector to "pinpoint", well then DUH, of course when you turn on the detector, you'll get metal, right? So that proves nothing. I mean, if you dig enough holes, around enough gold producing regions (or likely ruins in the case of coin/cache hunting) long enough, you will eventually find something. And then you say "aha! the LRL worked!" doh ::)

OP
OP
john0061

john0061

Sep 24, 2009
hi Tommie, yes, i look only for gold nuggets, cuz other metals, like silver, copper, etc they seldom exist independently. and once found, probably much deeper underground, i can't get them out. so only gold nuggets. for oz soil usage, so i prefer minelab, although there's a few manufacturer in USA. there's one dealer of minelab, who's telling me there's 300 guys ahead of me on the waiting list. i placed the order there, i saw some guy even ordered 50 minelab (au$6100), Gee, the dealer told me gold found in africa(sudan), so lots of orders for there. previously i want to buy a SD2210, cuz it's au$3000, and also able to detect nuggets, thinking of function and price, i chose SD2210. but out of stock ! minelab stopped making it, cuz they can't satisfy orders for GPX4500, even they increase productivity 6-7 times than before ! ( making millions, uh ?) so i HAVE TO order that GPX.

contacted a maker from germany, their cheapest detector, visible one, costs euro 7000. i can't afford it. i see they also have gun-like long range detectors.

http://www.okmmetaldetectors.com/index.php?lang=zh

im thinking of being a professional gold nugget detectist, yet haven't found any similar minded partners, and they all sugget me forget this, cuz gold rush is over, or do it after having a stable income, etc. i'm not sure if i was stubborn, right or wrong.

OP
OP
john0061

john0061

Sep 24, 2009
https://vernellelectronics.safenetserver.com/Item_Details.cfm?ID=2094&v=0.782632111782

found a seller for VR1000 in USA, they have over 20 yrs history. FORWARD GAUSS™ technology there's more info on their website. just thinking, if this tech not real apparently, then why this "stupid" company still making detectors with this tech ? unless they think buyers as stupid as they are. next week I will test this system, to see the truth.

Delirium777

Mar 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next week I will test this system, to see the truth.

Hi John! Have you received and checked your purchased VR1000 metalldetector?
Seems this metalldetector have a great parametres, but I look to internet
and no any review found for it... What now you can say about it? :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions