What's new

Anyone still trapping fur?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I was surprised by the prices being paid for raw fur lately. I read up on the US market, and some pelts are bringing decent money.

'Rats - $5 up
Mink - $15-20
Coyote - $15-20
Red fox - $15-20
Striped skunk - $2
Opossum - $3
Wolverine - $300-400

I'm assuming these prices would vary depending upon location, size, and proper handling.
China and Russia are the largest buyers of North American fur. Is anyone trapping, and if so what are the prices you've received?
 
Not no more. All the rich people who created the market for furs in the first place have decide trappers should now be shot. Some of those prices aren't much higher than what I was getting 40 years ago.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom