Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARC T.S. want's $200. + for a Pandora Bracelet

I saw this at the thrift store and asked about it. They tell me the green tag means that's a firm and never to be a discounted $199.99 plus tax. I looked at the sales history and wonder if this thing could be broken up for a profit. I still don't know much from looking at these 14 beads on ebay's sales history if this could make any money selling the beads individually and the bare cable like bracelet or not at this frig'n to high for a thrift shop price. I'd need to get back around $30. to $35. per bead to make it a decent deal imo. What would be the most you'd spend on it?. I told the lady I'll give a hundred on it, but she said they've already had that offer and turned it down. They want the $199.99... If any one knows about these Pandora brand jewelry? Do you see any beads that are rare or more desired or maybe the whole thing is a fake for all I know about this brand? I've only bought and sold one ring by this Pandora ALE and I got that for a $1.99... It was a small stack-able sterling ring and I think I got $25. out of it. Not bad I thought for 2 grams of .925 silver.

Attachments

• pandora 1.jpg
    pandora 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 221
Last edited:

biteme_48174

Jun 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually just lurk here but I had to answer this.

Some of the beads are retired you might get more out of them if you can find the right buyer. I'm not too sure about the charms with the hearts on them I've never seen them on the pandora site.

The price isn't bad seeing as the bracelet it self is 65 and the charms start at 25 and go up from there.

I have way too much pandora lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biteme_48174

Jun 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones I can't find in any pandora site are the red and black and green and black heart ones. The other heart ones I've seen before.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually just lurk here but I had to answer this.

Some of the beads are retired you might get more out of them if you can find the right buyer. I'm not too sure about the charms with the hearts on them I've never seen them on the pandora site.

The price isn't bad seeing as the bracelet it self is 65 and the charms start at 25 and go up from there.

I have way too much pandora lol

You got to love it when those who lurk speak their thoughts. Makes wonder what else we may learn from folks like you. Thanks for your reply and don't be so shy. 8-)

biteme_48174

Jun 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like looking at all the awesome stuff you guys find. I saw this and was like ooo shiney pandora. I looked thru all the pandora sites I go to I didn't find those two heart charms anywhere.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a $400 bracelet. I found one detecting on the beach last year, and got $750.00 for it!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like looking at all the awesome stuff you guys find. I saw this and was like ooo shiney pandora. I looked thru all the pandora sites I go to I didn't find those two heart charms anywhere.

Well the ooooo factor goes around here all the time. Thanks for your input? I still ain't giving more then a 100 bucks for it though. I think it's going to sit a little while down there. Folks are out buying 25 cent items at the yard sales now and 200 bucks can buy a lot of stuff at the yard sales going on now. I'm hoping they'll move a little on it after it sits a bit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a $400 bracelet. I found one detecting on the beach last year, and got $750.00 for it!
So you think it's worth the price?? I never saw any beaches last time I was in Congress, AZ. Just a giant toad is all I remember in one frik'n hot desert you could cook your eggs on with a slab of sheet steel sit'n in the sun. I was just on the phone this morning with a fella named Stoughton who ran a gold mine in the late 80's early 90's in Congress AZ...That name ring a bell there Terry??

Last edited:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I think the price is too high to mess with it. You're right, I'd feel a lot more comfortable at 100 to make some money back. Do some more research before you spend that kind of coin to break even or even lose a little.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that I would be more comfortable around $100. A starter promotion for the bracelet and one or two beads is around $100 or so new. Let's say the resale value is 50%. $50 for the bracelet and one bead, then average $15 for each bead after the first.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I think the price is too high to mess with it. You're right, I'd feel a lot more comfortable at 100 to make some money back. Do some more research before you spend that kind of coin to break even or even lose a little.

I agree thats a big gamble. I see so many beads when I search. Also if you search lowest to highest sold there are some styled identically to the pandora ones just without the name brand. I'm not sure how long they can ride this trend out. And anytime you do something like that you have to count on a few duds in the mix. This has no bearing on what it might sell for new but looks like a lot of competition out there.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
The local Goodwill just put a box of beads in the display case that look like those. They want $5.25 each. How do you know if they are Pandora? Is every bead marked? Guess I just answered my own question. A quick google search pulled up some identifying characteristics.

Last edited:

biteme_48174

Jun 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every bead is marked with ale and the numbers s925 like this
4803e1489c8bacaf99ed4a04ff72e9bf.jpg

MD-Mainiac

Jun 16, 2015
Maryland
Detector(s) used
BH Platinum and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this stuff is kinda like beany babies and hubble figurines.. they are all collectible for awhile.. then they aren't worth anything more then the precious metal value.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I went to the thrift store this Pandora bracelet is at and took a real close look at it. From what I see the assembly has only six items signed with the Pandora markings. There are two I'm unsure of and those are the small all silver looking cylinder pieces that are clamped on and they may be marked on the inside? Some were marked 925 Italy... Anyways, I don't think this is worth the $200 these folks are asking. The lady that showed it to me, said she'll bring it up to the manager about what I told her about it all not being a Pandora piece and maybe they'll price it lower. I've marked the the items with an arrow that have a Pandora mark of some kind. It does pay to look close at things in thrift stores and I've not always done that. There have been times I've screwed up by failing to note all the condition issues and details of a find.

Attachments

• pandora 1.jpg
    pandora 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • pandora 2.jpg
    pandora 2.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 103
  • pandora 3.jpg
    pandora 3.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 94
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this stuff is kinda like beany babies and hubble figurines.. they are all collectible for awhile.. then they aren't worth anything more then the precious metal value.
That's "Brand Marketing" for ya...I was hired by a company to focus on that idea on their product name. The VP couldn't shut up with the words "it's all about the Brand" Problem was the stuff was no better then any other brands and made way the hell over in Austria. That didn't convince the end user in a name brand, they just wanted something to do the job that day. They caned me and went went through maybe five other fellas in the coarse of the next 7 years with the dumb idea of creating a brand name for themselves. I did okay by insisting on a two year contract with the company, but if you do go for a brand name you better be able to deliver like a beany baby vendor in the 1990s. Brand marketing takes millions to even have a shot at success and I can only think for these Pandora people it did payoff. These beads could have come from China at a cost of 80 cents each for all I know.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I went to the thrift store this Pandora bracelet is at and took a real close look at it. From what I see the assembly has only six items signed with the Pandora markings. There are two I'm unsure of and those are the small all silver looking cylinder pieces that are clamped on and they may be marked on the inside? Some were marked 925 Italy... Anyways, I don't think this is worth the $200 these folks are asking. The lady that showed it to me, said she'll bring it up to the manager about what I told her about it all not being a Pandora piece and maybe they'll price it lower. I've marked the the items with an arrow that have a Pandora mark of some kind. It does pay to look close at things in thrift stores and I've not always done that. There have been times I've screwed up by failing to note all the condition issues and details of a find.
I see at least 2 heart charms there that should be Pandora that you don't have marked. Unless they are knockoffs that is. The red enamel and the Pink enamel - Pandora Enamel Beads ~ Authentic Enamel Pandora Charms | Gillett's Jewellers

Here is a little ebay guide for Genuine Pandora Beads- How To Tell If Your Jewellery Is Genuine Pandora | eBay

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see at least 2 heart charms there that should be Pandora that you don't have marked. Unless they are knockoffs that is. The red enamel and the Pink enamel - Pandora Enamel Beads ~ Authentic Enamel Pandora Charms | Gillett's Jewellers

Here is a little ebay guide for Genuine Pandora Beads- How To Tell If Your Jewellery Is Genuine Pandora | eBay
I didn't see a mark. The reason I investigated it again was because I was requested to look further in to it, as an interest came to me about securing a purchase of it from the results of this post. I can now only hope the thift store will reconsider their price at this point. You could be right and it is a signed bead. I may have overlooked it? Thanks for the additional information. it's nice to have as much additional information on these kind of items that may have a good potential value.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread