Are You Wearing A Mask Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know, i use to wear the same masks while wood sanding and cutting dry wall as well as cutting concrete, face was still covered with the dust after removing the masks and covid19 is 10 times smaller.

Wore masks at multiple jobs.
Sanding paint , foundry work,winding room with talcum dust in the air.
A well fitted mask didn't leave evidence of dust in nose or on covered areas.
Oh yes , improper fits were obvious on peoples faces.

Respirators when in paintbooths ,or pumping/transferring acid ect. let a wearer know pretty quick if fit was not secure...Did me anyways.

Masks will not eliminate covid virus.
The purpose of wearing them is an attempt to reduce potential spread.
If that reduces gobs of sputum on other people and objects , great.

The problem seems to be folks who are able to spread it , that are unaware they have it already.
My smokers cough. Someones allergy inspiring a cough. Is going to launch more than someone breathing through their nose at rest.
But is that nose breather not capable of spread?

In exchange for a worse case gamble of masks not reducing spread , we get the inconvenience of wearing them in stores and public settings of close quarters with others.
Of all the societal crap we endure , masks should be the least of our complaints as to effectiveness of improving a society's well being.
It's simply citizens not trying to share a tricky (as far as knowing if you are capable of spreading it at a given moment by being a carrier early on) virus deliberately with other citizens.

A local ol gal the community keeps an eye out for was in the restaurant yesterday. "We" keep her tab covered so she has a place to grab a bite at ease.
Past the century mark she may be expected to be vulnerable.
Patrons tolerate masks to and from tables and spread out from others.
She left without a mask and no one said a peep. Did anyone resent masks ? Or complain of potential effectiveness? Or of her ?
Nope. Not out loud if they did.
I'm willing to wager no one would want her to catch covid from them if a mask not worn by them could be attributed.

Maybe a mask does not reduce spread as much as hoped.
I'll take my chances around the vulnerable.

Meanwhile the ladyfriends family has had multiple members catch the virus down South.

And my family/inlaw kin invited friends up from Florida to the lake , to end up testing positive and heading back home.
After all complained about not being able to visit inside a care facility for a senior...

It spreads. Any reduction among the vulnerable is/would be worth it.No matter how healthy we ourselves are, or our opinion of the effectiveness of masks..

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Deep!
You're old enough to know better than to not wear cootie protection around wimmin...:laughing7:
(Congrats on gettin out.)

It's a gal I dated once in high school :) Waiting for her to txt me to go see her again today. Bad thunderstorm here right now. Lightning strikes on both sides of the house. Haven't lost power yet though.

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ike I said Tom, it isn't just about dying. How would you like to be hospitalized for weeks or even months and left with life long disabilities? Also remember that many who are hospitalized rely on Medicare to pay for hospitals and that only covers a maximum of 80% and even then not all procedures. People are being left without their savings or in big debt. Death toll now five times car crash deaths and climbing, more than triple flu deaths last year. Many survivors will have disabilities and debt that will change their lives in a negative manner forever. I saw my cardiologist yesterday since after four months I am having breathing and pulse rate problems, he said I very likely have scarring in my lungs that will leave me with problems for the rest of my life. Yes, I am alive, I survived, but my ability to do the things I love may be gone forever and my life shortened. Those folks with permanent heart and lung damage will not live as long as if they had never got the virus, that also counts towards a true death count even if they die from complications in the future.

Like I said Sir, there are Political aspects to this situation which I beleive is motivating the ongoing fear mongering aimed at dividing Americans and pitting us at one another. Thus: Even your POTUS now agrees[/I]. Don't you mean OUR PRESIDENT? Of course he's going to say that with all the political pressure on him to do so. But more importantly He is not MANDATING the wearing of the mask.
Life is a risk my Friend, every time you step outside your door, you meet the world, and the world is a very harsh cruel place. I've seen much of it, been in many Lands and every Day I thank GOD I was born an American.

Now let me ask you a few things, why didn't you wear a mask in public back 5 10 or even 15 years ago? The Flu was out there, so were a lot of other nasty things which are still out there Like TB, Hep A, B, C, and a whole list of other diseases that you can catch from casual contact with other people. And guess who was bringing these diseases into OUR country and still are, all those unvaccinated folks jumping the border & smuggled into OUR Country by criminal gangs, Especially from CHINA to serve as slave labor. I suppose Im a "racist" for bringing this up, never mind that I have a interracial marriage with a woman who is an immigrant and had to undergo a rigerous physical exam to make sure she wasn't carrying some dreaded disease Long Before anyone ever heard of the WUFLU.

But all of a sudden we have to have draconian measures against a communicable disease that has a very narrow window of victims, said draconian measures instituted by Governors and Mayors of cities that Give SANCTUARY to those aforementioned unvaccinated persons illegaly here. The Same Mayors, Governors and other officials that openly endorse open borders. Think about that for a moment please. Do you really think these officials that endorse and institute such policy really care about the public and your health? Really? ok I got this bridge I can let you have for cheap.

Am I really protecting myself and others by wearing a mask or am I appeasing the fears of my fellow Americans because the media and some elected officials says I must. I would tell those officials that when you start really addressing public health and safety you will endorse better border security, better immigration control the abolishment of sanctuary cities and travel bans to and from source Countries, then perhaps you will convince me you have my interests at heart. Period. Until then I will take my chances as I will take a chance the undocumented, unvaccinated housed in the sanctuary cities dont murder me for my pocket change.

So Out the door I go to face what life has aready thrown at me and I survived....without a mask

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a gal I dated once in high school :) Waiting for her to txt me to go see her again today. Bad thunderstorm here right now. Lightning strikes on both sides of the house. Haven't lost power yet though.

Is the lightning more scary than she is?
O.K., that was bad of me...:nono:

Be safe. On both accounts....

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Floodcity says: And if any want to quote "bodycount" statistics to me, may I point out that 150K deaths out of a 330 Million (or more) Population translate into very very small odds of you catching a disease with a mask or without.

Like I said Tom, it isn't just about dying. How would you like to be hospitalized for weeks or even months and left with life long disabilities? Also remember that many who are hospitalized rely on Medicare to pay for hospitals and that only covers a maximum of 80% and even then not all procedures. People are being left without their savings or in big debt. Death toll now five times car crash deaths and climbing, more than triple flu deaths last year. Many survivors will have disabilities and debt that will change their lives in a negative manner forever. I saw my cardiologist yesterday since after four months I am having breathing and pulse rate problems, he said I very likely have scarring in my lungs that will leave me with problems for the rest of my life. Yes, I am alive, I survived, but my ability to do the things I love may be gone forever and my life shortened. Those folks with permanent heart and lung damage will not live as long as if they had never got the virus, that also counts towards a true death count even if they die from complications in the future.

TP, i don't know what kind of respirators you use at work, but I was an auto mechanic most of my life and after the asbestos business was exposed we all were issued the respirators with heavy elastic retaining straps, rubber mouth and nose coverings and the two big replaceable filter canisters. I assure you that after a brake job or clutch job my face and hands would be noticeably black but there would be no dust where the respirator sat. A good respirator does NOT allow any particulates to enter your respiratory system.

Yes p-100 is what I use. what I am saying is a regular face mask is to protect others from you spitting on them, a respirator protects you with the proper vapor cartridges but does not protect others due to the valve that openly lets out with no filtration. Then you have the problem that most of the public has no idea about this information. Then combine that with them constantly touching the mask to readjust and so on, then touching other things..... masks are not doing what people think and may even cause more problems. That being said I still wear one around people to prevent me from spitting on them accidently.

Another thing is those deaths you cite....they contain a large number of people who were never tested. They also fall way short of the 2 million they claimed at first, then still fall way short of the million they claimed after, and still fall short of every prediction. The only reason it goes beyond flu is because flu deaths were not recorded in the same manner as covid deaths. By that I mean if you had the flu and you died of a heart attack you were listed as dying of a heart attack not the flu.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a report I watched that was talking about face masks with the exhaust valve built into them. As TP metal said it allows the breath to go out somewhat un filtered and is of little value as a means of protection with the exception of the person wearing it and the incoming breath.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
If masks work then as long as your wearing one it doesnt matter if other people are wearing their mask.

BINGO.
If masks really work, then why all the lockdown, social distancing etc?
Why all the fear????
We know the truth.
The total death rates from “everything” reveal the con job. All other “Statistics” are no longer trustworthy and only give fuel for division between all of us.
In my opinion, the real emergency is our right to go to work, make a living, talk to each other without fear, and my really big one, to be able to trust the medical industry, (to clarify, the entire part that isn’t calling cow pucky on all the information that is false), because I would like to have confidence in our doctors and health care as a whole. Right now, all trust is gone.

All this debate over masks is not addressing the real issue.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I find a lot of truths in what this expert is saying. Even I listened to it all,made perfect common sense to me.

GOD Bless

Chris

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Only thing that works, Be sealed in a sterilized room and wear this.
but you need a new One Every time you take it off,

000oronavirus-med-photo_news.jpg

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
As Much As We All Disklike Wearing The Masks, We've ALL Got To Do It When Out In Public If We Want To Get Back To Our Lives.

Little Kids, Teenagers and Twenty Something's With No Underlying Conditions Are Getting It And Either Having Serious Heart and Lung and Sometimes Brain Issues and Some Having Amputations. We Can Beat This If We All Come Together and Protect Each Other.

IF We All Wore Masks And Distanced At The Same Time....This Virus Could Be Manageable in 60-90 Days. That's Our Best Weapon Right Now. Simple To Do.

Stay Safe Guys,

Kace

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
As Much As We All Disklike Wearing The Masks, We've ALL Got To Do It When Out In Public If We Want To Get Back To Our Lives.

Little Kids, Teenagers and Twenty Something's With No Underlying Conditions Are Getting It And Either Having Serious Heart and Lung and Sometimes Brain Issues and Some Having Amputations. We Can Beat This If We All Come Together and Protect Each Other.

IF We All Wore Masks And Distanced At The Same Time....This Virus Could Be Manageable in 60-90 Days. That's Our Best Weapon Right Now. Simple To Do.

Stay Safe Guys,

Kace

I guess you listen to a different expert than I do.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes Chris, Your Guess Is Correct. I Do Not Listen To or Do The Same Things Over and Over Again Expecting A Different Ending.

We Have Tried the NO MASK APPROACH....It Isn't Working AT ALL. In Fact It's Much Worse. Now, Lets ALL TRY THE MASK APPROACH.

Kace

Last edited by a moderator:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes Chris, Your Guess Is Correct. I Do Not Listen To or Do The Same Things Over and Over Again Expecting A Different Ending.

We Have Tried the NO MASK APPROACH....It Isn't Working AT ALL. In Fact It's Much Worse. Now, Lets ALL TRY THE MASK APPROACH.

Kace

You aught to give Her a listen,I believe She knows what She is talking about.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
You aught to give Her a listen,I believe She knows what She is talking about.

I'm familiar with Humanity Rising. That woman and all her guests are against masks, distancing and shutdowns. I'm going to guess she will be too. That Isn't Working.

Masks won't STOP the Spread Completely , But They Will Greatly Reduce It IF EVERYONE DOES IT AT THE SAME TIME. I saw what happened at Camp Kanakuk in Missouri and they went OVER and ABOVE in Disinfecting. What they DIDN'T DO Was Require Masks. Same with the YMCA Camp in Georgia. Same With Summer Schools and Sports Practicing and Games. Now We Are Seeing It In Schools That Have Started. A 2nd Grader Yesterday a 17yr old The Day Before. I think we've All seen what's Happened.

I'm Assuming you are an Of Legal Age Adult. We Can't Do This To Our Kids. We Can't, Not When There Is A Proven Way To Slow The Spread.

Now Its Gotten So Bad, Forget About In Person School. It Will Start and Screech To A Stop. Forget Any Sports. The SEC is Conference Play Only...That Will Stop Too. No NFL PRE- Season and Probably Not A Regular Season. No Fans Anywhere. MLB is Going To Be Completely Tanked. Students Are Losing Grants, Aid and Scholarships For Anyone, Because of The Infected and Quarantine Time. It's Better Now To Just Wait Til Next Fall.

Companies Closing Due To Infection Outbreaks, Many Filing Bankruptcy, Our Economy and Investments (Unless,You Were Smart and Liquidated) Are Really Bad, GDP is Lower Than The Great Depression. We Are In A Mess Chris, OVER A FLIPPIN' MASK. REALLY?

AMERICANS HAVE NEVER BEEN SNOWFLAKES. I Never Thought I'd Say This, But I'm Glad My Family That Were In The Military and Served Overseas For Years Are Not Alive To See This. We've Got Men On Here That Lived In Swamps and in Deplorable Conditions That I'm Sure Didn't Whine This Much. They Did Their Duty, Because That Generation Were The Sons and Daughters of The REAL PATRIOTS of WWll and The Grandchildren of REAL PATRIOTS of WW1. One of my gUncles was A POW In Germany After His Liberator Was Shot Down. Those Guys Lived For 1.5yrs On Rotten Potatoes and Practically Froze To Death. I NEVER HEARD HIM COMPLAIN. I was told he Never ate a Potato Again When He Got Back Home and I Never Saw Him Eat Potatoes No Matter How They Were Cooked, But That's It, He Didn't Say Why Over and Over, 6'2" and Came Home Under 100lbs. Never Complained.

The One Thing You and I Will 'Maybe' Agree On Is A Vaccination. I Will Not Do That Until I See In A Couple Years What That Looks Like. I've Never Had A Flu Shot, Not Going To Start Now. My Mom Gets One Every Year and She Even Said She Wouldn't Do A 'Vaccine' That's Been Rushed Like This. (If There Is One)

Stay Safe Chris, We Have To Agree To Disagree On This Topic.

Kace

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

If you want to wear a mask everywhere, go right ahead and do it. Don't infringe on my "rights" to make me do the same for no reason at all.

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you, What distresses me most about this whole situation is my fellow American's are largely succumbing to fear and political pressure. Fear NEVER fosters a rational mind. This country wouldn't have grown into what it is today if we just "Shut down" everytime we faced adversity.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other

Kace

Good morning Kace,
There was a viral video Put out by Frontline Doctors. It was getting ripped down from the net almost as fast as it kept popping up.

Very eye opening. They are experts first hand.
We shouldn’t let masks cause division between patriots.

Lots of disinformation that doesn’t get taken down though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread