What's new

Arggggg Snow! Part 2

sibbley

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2023
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
5,136
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, XP Deus 2, Deeptech Vista X, Nokta Makro Invenio Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Worked my butt off all week just waiting for today to get out with my new Deus 2 HF2 coil. Yuck! Snowed on again.

Camera 1-20260117_095459.webp
 
Yep...that doesn't look like very good detecting weather..
cold.webp
 
It's over, ended up with 5 inches. Now the cleanup begins. I'm starting to hear maybe another 3-5 tomorrow! :icon_scratch:
 
Congratulations on the new coil.
Though....

It's just a fact of life, no detecting for any of us that live in the northern regions.
I'm seeing no temps. above freezing for the next 2 weeks either.
20260116_095252.webp
 
2-4 today. Snow isn't as heavy today.

Camera 1-20260118_081945.webp
 
It's just a fact of life, no detecting for any of us that live in the northern regions.
I'm seeing no temps. above freezing for the next 2 weeks either.
The 2024-2025 winter was the first I couldn't get out that much, just too cold here. In the few years before that I spent most of the winter out detecting. Had some cold days, but mostly ok for getting out. Not much snow either from 2020 through 2024.

You're right about temps the next couple weeks. Also looking like the possibility of more snow 1/24-1/25 and again 1/29-1/30
 
The 2024-2025 winter was the first I couldn't get out that much, just too cold here. In the few years before that I spent most of the winter out detecting. Had some cold days, but mostly ok for getting out. Not much snow either from 2020 through 2024.

You're right about temps the next couple weeks. Also looking like the possibility of more snow 1/24-1/25 and again 1/29-1/30
Winter came on early this year by a month or more it seemed. Cut into the late fall detecting big time. At the present temps I will be waiting to late March to even to begin to get itch on. (Not that I don't think about it everyday)
 
Lol, round two for the day is here. Driveway and cars are starting to get covered again.
 
We haven't had much snow this winter in the mountains of northeastern Oregon but the temperatures have been too cold for my old, ancient body!
 
Yeah we used to have snow here in the middle of the Rockies. Hey Sibbley, here's a tip. If the town clears off that snow on the streets and piles it up somewhere go detect those piles when they start to melt down. You can come up with some pretty cool stuff sometimes.
 
Yep, ready here. Got the generator ready and the wood stove is all ready to go in case of power loss. I've seen numbers ranging from 8 - 28 inches. Storm supposed to go from late Saturday night through 1pm Monday.
 
Started snowing here about 3:45AM. I don't have a snow board to measure, but I'd say we've had an inch and a half or so thus far.
Camera 1-20260125_060522.webp
 
Not looking very good sibb. Hope you do not lose power
 
Maybe about 4-5 inches so far.

Camera 1-20260125_094440.webp
Camera 1-20260125_094525.webp
 
Still a long way to go...
1-25-2026 Storm.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom