What's new

Arggggg Snow! Part 2

Official total here is nine inches but I haven’t measured and it’s still coming down. Should wind up in another couple of hours.
 
Our official total so far is about 6 inches. It's looking like the heavier banding is here now. They're saying we'll get freezing rain between 3-4 AM tomorrow.
 
I thinkj we have 8 to 10 inches with another day to go :(
 
Had about 2 1/2 hours of sleet now back to heavy snow. Official as of 4 PM was 10 inches. Had to switch heat from heat pump to oil boiler as the heat pump was icing up. I've seen some of the things going on down south and southwest, I hope everyone gets through this storm safely.
 
Snow,isn't that what it does during the winter?
It used to, but then Global Warming happened. Or was it Climate Change? I forget. But apparently the ice caps melted so now it's snowing. Or something like that.
 
Screenshot_20260124-071453_X.webp
 
I wouldn't go advertising Florida during this time of year, we have enough snowbirds flying here as it is. I just hope when they do move to Florida, they leave their leftwing nutjob ideology where they came from and not import it here.
 
Ended with a total of about 17 inches.

Camera 1-20260126_073506.webp
 
It was a bit of a workout yesterday doing the yard and the mail trail loop. Getting stuck, digging out only to redo it again. Snowing again today and I hope it's just a little bit as I'm not into a repeat. Still cold though but it's above zero 5F.
20260126_141326.webp
 
15" here - broke the Blizzard of 1978 record! Nothing like when I lived in the Great Lakes snow belt. Checked in w/ my sister yesterday - to make sure she was ok. She asked if I remember getting a snow day off from school. Just once I replied. When I opened the garage door the snow was between 4 and 5 feet tall. Yikes! Shoveled the rest of the day. So much for the day "off".
 
15" here - broke the Blizzard of 1978 record! Nothing like when I lived in the Great Lakes snow belt. Checked in w/ my sister yesterday - to make sure she was ok. She asked if I remember getting a snow day off from school. Just once I replied. When I opened the garage door the snow was between 4 and 5 feet tall. Yikes! Shoveled the rest of the day. So much for the day "off".
They said it snowed 24 inches in Toronto, and it broke a record for the 1 day snowfall.

Though the accumulation of 48 inches over the month was a big event. (Jan 1999)
It snowed 18 inches with a 40 MPH wind. Jan 2nd
I slid my inner gates open at the scrap yard@ 6am the next morning, and looked at the snow bank the was taller than me.
That's cute!
Skid steer and many hours of removal we had the customers in by 10am.
 
Oh No, looking like the possibility of another storm this coming weekend. I hope this doesn't verify. Models are kind of a mixed bag at the moment. Just a pic of the back yard after snow blowing for the ferals.

Camera 1-20260127_110608.webp
 
Oh No, looking like the possibility of another storm this coming weekend. I hope this doesn't verify. Models are kind of a mixed bag at the moment. Just a pic of the back yard after snow blowing for the ferals.

View attachment 2242399
Snow blowers help a lot ! BUT my plow on my ATV helped me out!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom