Fullpan
Bronze Member
Since I don't get out much, was wondering what the dynamic is with you guys and the hiking crowd is. There must be a thousand
hikers to every prospector at the staging/parking areas in the areas around ASRA in Ca. Do you just ignore each other, has there
been confrontation? Any political discussions, etc? Any trouble-makers hanging around the parking? thanks!
hikers to every prospector at the staging/parking areas in the areas around ASRA in Ca. Do you just ignore each other, has there
been confrontation? Any political discussions, etc? Any trouble-makers hanging around the parking? thanks!
Upvote
0
. But, I grew up in a poor rough area of Southern California and learned very young the ruthless selfish side of man. There are people out there who will take from you for no other reason to prove that they can. And when they are with someone else of that nature it can get a whole lot worse than that.In the forest around here you don't have to drive very far out before all the signs have bullet holes in them, or are just plain destroyed. Even the F.S. L.E.O's go armed to the teeth due to the kind of people you can run into. Sad, that there are places out in nature where I won't take my kids because the risk to personal safety isn't woth it. I can deal with anything nature throws my way it really isn't all to dangerous when you are aware and prepared. Its the people you have to worry about.Most places that get used a lot aren't bad it is the more remote places down the 4wd roads and off the beaten bath where you might run into someone a little sketchy.Like I said I saw someone almost killed by their fellow man right in a public campground all for asking some guys to please be quiet. If I were armed at the time I gaurantee that it wouldn't have been some helpless tourist in the hospital it would be one or all four of the other dudes in the county refridgerator.







