What's new

arrowhead collection

krumb

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
45
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
WA
I was advised in another forum to post these here. I received this small collection some years back. Was wondering if I have anything of significance.

ForumRunner_20120524_202512.webp



ForumRunner_20120524_202537.webp



ForumRunner_20120524_202602.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice ! Looks like you got some room for some more.
 
Do you know where they were found? Some of them look like Columbia River Gem Points and they are very highly collectable. Some very nice pieces in that tray.
 
somewhat crude, but good variety.try the website called arrowheadology and someone on there can probally tell you.
 
Grim, I believe most all of them were found along the Columbia
 
I think that if you would post some closer-up photo's, I am sure your viewers could give you better feedback as to what you may have. :dontknow: ''squinting'' (where's the binoculars?)
 
Racist replies are off topic - Please stay on topic!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Why are we ruining this thread with nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
lol cmon there was actually no racism going on

sorry krumb didn't mean to ruin your thread
 
These were all taken with a phone, will try and get some better shots this weekend
 
The arrowhead in the middle looks serrated. That and the small size look similar to arrowheads coming from the cherry orchard site below John day dam. That site was known for caches the largest was 1500 arrowheads in a pit in what was called a chipping house. The entire area was covered with chips. I saw a picture that one fellow carried with him of a cache of 305 arrowheads that completely covered a towel. He claimed his buddy found it and he had found a cache of 56. There was also a cache of 7 knives found there. Most of us were happy to find a couple points as the site was really hit hard and for obvious reasons.
 
I'm not wanting to hold on to these as like I said there was a fallout with the person I received them from. Are there legalities when it comes to selling or trading?
 
If you are not worried about aquiring them through a falling out (a deal gone bad?), then why worry about the legallities, or simply give them back. To me the only value I can place on my collection comes in the thrill of the find and not any monetary gain. I would just as soon toss them in the Columbia than have them confiscated though.
 
No, it wasn't a deal gone bad....they were gifted but I don't really have anything to do with that person anymore.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom