I found this stone on a beach of the Mackinaw River. Edges appear to be worked.
Attachments
Upvote
0
Charl, very nice link! Also "They date to all culture periods." It is impossible to date a knife of this nature to a culture or time period, unless it is found in context with other artifacts. It can with relative association, to a site specific culture site, but is not considered fact.Love flake tools. That's a nice flake knife. Similar to what's shown at the link. They date to all culture periods.
http://ksartifacts.info/14RC424/14RC424-5 unifacial flake knife.jpg
Again not to hi-jack a thread, but here is a knife I found earlier this year, with minimal work. This is to demonstrate how simple a tool can be and can be over looked by the most experienced artifact hunter.



Yeah I will back off, this is your site and I am new here. Do not want to make a pest of myself. 
