What's new

Arrowheads and Scrapers

djarvis9

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 15, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a few pictures of some I have and I'm hoping someone can tell me a bit about them.
All were found in northern Saskatchewan.
If clearer pictures are needed, I'll try again.
Thank you for your help.
 

Attachments

  • arrowheads 001.webp
    arrowheads 001.webp
    293.1 KB · Views: 416
  • arrowheads 010.webp
    arrowheads 010.webp
    228.7 KB · Views: 201
  • arrowheads 016.webp
    arrowheads 016.webp
    245.1 KB · Views: 250
  • arrowheads 017.webp
    arrowheads 017.webp
    198.6 KB · Views: 245
  • arrowheads 023.webp
    arrowheads 023.webp
    131.8 KB · Views: 301
  • arrowheads 022.webp
    arrowheads 022.webp
    109.7 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
welcome to the treasurenet.very nice collection
 
Thank you for the welcome
 
Some good looking pieces in there djarvis9. Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing those.

Question though, is that wire or thread holding those pieces down? If it's wire you need to get them off of there ASAP before you do damage to the sides. Wire will eventually cause small chips to flake off where it rubs.
 
Thank-you, after I posted I thought I should have mentioned that they are being held down with thread wrapped elastic.
 
Welcome to the site and ty for showing us your collection. You have some very nice artifacts, rock
 
Very Nice Collection!

Looks like you have some nice Knife River Flint pieces in there too.
 
Thank you, I didn't about Knife River Flint, I do now,
 
Very nice collection In the 1st photo the 1st one on the left top row and the 2 on the left and right of the center piece look to be Normanskill points 4,000 to 6,000 yrs old. The 2nd photo First one on the left looks like a Scotts Bluff 7,000 to 11,000 yrs old, also the 2nd photo far right looks to a Beaver Tail type point not sure on the age of it, and the 5th photo the 2nd and 4th points from the left are called Hanna points 3,000 to 4,500 yrs old. That's all I can see just off the bat ,I would have sit down and compare the others to photos, and this is just my guess and JMO. Like I said before very nice collection:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
 
Thanks for all the information, my dad and I really appreciate it.

He picked these up 30/40/50 years ago, walking through his fields and along a creek bed running through his property. He has found many more pieces, including hammers, a leather wrapped pemmican ball and a muzzle loader barrel.

Interesting story on the barrel - When he was a young boy (in the 30s), clearing rock on the homesteaded property, he picked up the barrel and stuck it in the rock pile (breaking it in 2 pieces). 30/40 years later he went out to the pile and found it again. It must have been playing on his mind all those years, I'll have to ask him.

Thanks again for the likes and the sharing of information.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom