What's new

Artifact IDs please

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Artifact ID's please

I have some interesting finds from yesterday.
One of the stones is Rhyolite (2nd, left to right) that seems to be worked a bit. Is it the start of a point?.
Ive been told pendants from lead were also used?
Is this one? (bottom left)...Thank you :)
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0
Re: Artifact ID's please

The two denticulates are (were) tools. The others I've not much of an idea about.
 
Re: Artifact ID's please

2 scrapers
1 nutting stone
and 1 ?
 
Re: Artifact ID's please

4-H said:
Thank you.

Soooo, here in the American Indian Artifacts room no one can tell me any thing else about the others???

Give it time, it hasn't been on here very long, ppl are busy...
 
Re: Artifact ID's please

I think a nuting stone is the one with the indention or maybe a type of platform for grinding.I find them also. I am not sure on the rhyolite (sp). The others seemed to be fashioned and worked into what I do not know.
Sorry been in a deer stand all weekend 4-H :hello:
Go Vols?
TnMtns
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom