What's new

artifact or notafact?

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,025
Reaction score
9,213
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This rock I found along the river years ago. It has an interesting shape, river tumbled smooth and obviously not an artifact.

...but those lines....

now the lateral lines are obviously just a natural part of the rock, they continue around the stone, over the top etc. But the little hash mark looking lines...hmmmm. It has some on the front AND the back. What gives here?
 

Attachments

  • DSC01396.webp
    DSC01396.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC01395.webp
    DSC01395.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
Its just a stone
 
Just a rock. But a really cool looking one! I give you that. I'd taken a second look at it too.
 
I'm about to say to heck with archeology. Geology is just as cool. I like that rock!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom