What's new

Artifact or strange Rock

cpc988

Greenie
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
18
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Hey everybody , I found this rock in a creek in east Texas . It has four strange grooves /markings on it . Possibly could have been used with maybe rope? Any ideas ?it is very light .
 

Attachments

  • image-2467515337.webp
    image-2467515337.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 221
  • image-2728360771.webp
    image-2728360771.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey there... you have a fossil I belive. I have one that looks alot like that from Texas I got as a gift. Not at home at the moment... when I get there I can add photo. I would post in fossil forum. It is natural.. not an artifact.
 
I agree....I do not think this is an artifact.
 
Looks like possible Cephalopod Fossil.

Here's some of mine.
 

Attachments

  • New002.webp
    New002.webp
    222.8 KB · Views: 204
I think it's a fossil called a Crinoid, I believe. Very nice!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom