Artifacts...?

Jun 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I live in MA, and recently visited a site that was used to train US Army troops during the revolution (during this period, the militia), the civil war (they used this spot a lot, WW1, and, to a much lesser extent, WW2. As you can see, generally, there is a lot of history here.

Anyway, I found each of these things and have no idea what they are/ what war or time period they are from.

Can someone help me? Thanks!

P.S- the Circle thing has letters on it. From what I can make out, it says "American five inch." Photo on 6-15-12 at 1.39 PM.jpg Photo on 6-15-12 at 1.39 PM #2.jpg Photo on 6-15-12 at 1.40 PM.jpg Photo on 6-15-12 at 1.40 PM #2.jpg

Upvote 0

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the middle picture on the bottom you are holding a "stripper clip" for loading ammo into a rifle. Probably WWI or maybe WWII...d2

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's hard to be certain from seeing just one photo of it, but I think d2 is correct that the long flat brass object is a stripper-clip (like the type which held 5 cartridges for the World War 2 US Army's M-1 Garand rifle).

The long pointy iron object with a broken spiral wire on the handle looks like a damper-control from the smoke-pipe of an old cast-iron woodburning stove.

I suggest you post photos of these finds in the What-Is-It forum here at TreasureNet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread