Narthoniel
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jul 1, 2008
- Messages
- 1,755
- Reaction score
- 6
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Virginia Beach
- Detector(s) used
- Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,
Both of these pieces of iron were found near relics pertaining to the civil war.
Is the round ball a piece of grape or cannister?
Is the broken piece a shell fragment?
I have not found many pieces of artillery, and I am hoping that these are cannon related.
The round ball is roughly 1 and 3/4 inches in diameter.
The iron fragment is almost exactly 1 inch in thickness, and is roughly 3 1/2 inches across.
Thanks for any help,
Anthony
Both of these pieces of iron were found near relics pertaining to the civil war.
Is the round ball a piece of grape or cannister?
Is the broken piece a shell fragment?
I have not found many pieces of artillery, and I am hoping that these are cannon related.
The round ball is roughly 1 and 3/4 inches in diameter.
The iron fragment is almost exactly 1 inch in thickness, and is roughly 3 1/2 inches across.
Thanks for any help,
Anthony







