If you had some story or info on the artist about the art work it may help you to understand what info there is on the importance of these pieces . Some Jesuits and some Indians used art to show others where certain things are located . I've read that the Jesuits were required to send all the treasure they find or were given back to Spain or what ever Country they came from , BUT the Jesuit' had a method of painting locations and info for other's to follow to find the portion of treasure that didn't get back to Spain. Today in St. Louis ,Missouri at the St. Louis University they have gathered all of the Jesuit works of art and display they for their tour of their facility ! I took it before they moved this to their St. Louis Facility and I wanted to take pictures of ALL the art BUT because of the poor lighting , they said NO FLASH CAMARA ! The pictures showed where they were if you had any investigative abilitys you could possibly have some GREAT FIRST HAND HINTS to follow ! Something to think about !