AT Pro replacement

My ATP stopped working on Friday after having it for 4 years...and my buddies broke the next day having the same issues...It sucked cause I loved it..but I needed something better...Ordered my CTX Sat night

thanks for the quick reply, I guess I should have stated in my initial post that I would like to pay around the same price as the AT Pro.

thanks for the quick reply, I guess I should have stated in my initial post that I would like to pay around the same price as the AT Pro.

Oh..well, thats a tough one..Ive actually only used Garretts until my last purchase. I never wanted to let go of the PRO. But I ended up frying the mother board or something

In the next few months Whites should be releasing their new waterproof units. A single frequency waterproof unit to compete with the AT pro and a multi frequency unit to compete with the CTX. We shall see.

What is it with things happening in multiples! That's 3 ATP!
Another Member had 4 different detectors go down for different reasons, one of which had to go back twice for the same thing!
Hope it happens that way with good luck!

the minelab 705 cannot be fully submerged underwater, but thanks for the suggestion.

the minelab 705 cannot be fully submerged underwater, but thanks for the suggestion.

I would get a used CZ-20 if you want to water hunt.
You can find those on ebay in that price range.
And I would dare to say that the Fisher is certainly a better machine than the ATP.

Carpel,

There really isn't anything in the price range that has the same features as the AT Pro that is also waterproof/submersible - That's the reason it's so popular. Non-Waterproof options are aplenty... Waterproof options are limited and in a higher price range.

I have been reading about the Deus metal detector and underwater kit, still reading and investigating. The price is pretty expensive, I will wait and see if my AT Pro can be fixed and not have the problem come back. Thanks again for all the suggestions

I am wondering what Tesoro offers for underwater for my next water purchase. It is hard enough to look at a screen in a raging river. I am thinking different beeps with discrimination might do? I always worry when I see my AT floating beside me.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back