Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What r ur settings on it
Are all fittings tight
Change out the batteries
Factory reset
Re wrapp the coil starting a foot up from the coil

OP
OP
L

lededoop5125

Jul 11, 2013
North-East Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites- Coinmaster Pro, Garrett- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did everything you said and there is no difference...

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try changin the frequency & the dime is this just one área u have been trying or others 2 soil conditions are also another factor 2 if changing frequency doesnt do anythin ontop of the rest of things u have done let me know again i do have quite a bit of time with the pro but i dont know it all & not a tech so these r just things that come to my mind ya know

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that an air test? Or a coin that's been in the ground for years?

OP
OP
L

lededoop5125

Jul 11, 2013
North-East Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no air test I put a silver dime in the ground and tested it.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
6" sounds a little shallow for a dime with the ATP, but totally out of line. Bigger coins will go deeper of course.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my fresh test garden I can only muster about 6" on dimes with my ATP w/5x8 coil. However...I have dug a several coppers & a few dimes at 8" in real conditions.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just burying a dime and testing doesnt do anything. It will take a while for a deeper target to register. Your gonna want to hit the 11 inch range, that seems to be the sweet spot here I like to hit. Little things like after a rain, or the type of soil your in can play havoc on depth. Before you sell, try disc or notching out all but say a quarter and then turn up the sens. My detector does well at low sensitivity with no disc or notch. My buddys T2 like a high sensitivity with almost max disc. You just need to dial in a program that works for you. Too many folks having success with the AT Pro, I think you just need dig a few sets of batterys and see what happens.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its gonna pend on soil condition I mean there r alot of factors that play in depth i mean what r u looking for what do u think ur pro should b see in a dime at keep in mind that yes its very well built detector better then ur average middle grade machine but its not in the high end dept like the ctx3030,v3i,f75,deus xp,t2, u get the idea

OP
OP
L

lededoop5125

Jul 11, 2013
North-East Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help guys its probably just me and yes it rained heavy last night here in Ohio. Once I get used to it I will probably be fine.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take ur time bro read ur manual even just a little hear & there so u dont get over whelmed ya know & in between that watch garret's vids & other YouTube vids & as of issues I dought its the machine may just b the área or u also mayb b thinking ya know its gonna b hitting a foot all the time ya know just take it slow itll come to u befor u know it & ull have been saying ur sick of digging foot deep holes all the time

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the help guys its probably just me and yes it rained heavy last night here in Ohio. Once I get used to it I will probably be fine.

Where in Ohio are you?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am in a silver slump, only finding the yellow stuff lately. But this made me laugh, so I am sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions