At Rocks request, a few of my favorites

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
At Rock's request, a few of my favorites

here are a few of my better finds. My favorite would have to be the banded slate bar weight that I found in a creek bank on my farm. I was told by a person at one of the shows I attended that the "scratch lines" around the edge were talley marks, a way to keep up with the number of kills made. Also that the banded slate is not native to Kentucky, but comes from farther north. My second favorite would have to be the bone tool with the white tip.
Artifacts in pictures 1,5,6, and 7 were all found on my own property.

001.JPG 001.JPG 060.JPG 004.JPG 010.JPG 014.JPG 006.JPG
002.JPG 004.JPG 007.JPG 003.JPG 007.JPG 032.JPG 098.JPG
005.JPG 007.JPG 002.JPG 018.JPG 007.JPG 002.JPG

Upvote 0

bci101tractors

Jan 10, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cow!!
Those are awesome Hunteress. Some of everything.
I love that weight, great material, congrats..
Thanks for posting them.
Steve

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW. I would have to agree the first one is my favorite and second would have to be all the rest. #11 looks really neat have you ever found out what it is called?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! You have some killer stuff. Is that brown color a dover flint I am seeing? You are truly the "Huntress'. :notworthy: Amazing artifacts.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some exceptionally fine finds! :notworthy: Really like those large points!

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
WOW. I would have to agree the first one is my favorite and second would have to be all the rest. #11 looks really neat have you ever found out what it is called?

#11 is called a Quad. It says in my artifact book that it is thought to be one of the oldest points known. I found all of the pieces from #8 to the last one at the site on the river. Lots of different types there. I believe that it was a place used through the years by many different groups.

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Wow!!! You have some killer stuff. Is that brown color a dover flint I am seeing? You are truly the "Huntress'. :notworthy: Amazing artifacts.

Thanks for the comment TnMountains. I don't know what kind of flint it is but there was a lot of it there. I found all kinds of flakes and chunks of it. It really stands out among the other gray flint. I also found a lot of marbled looking flint, but no points made out of it. Guess it was too soft for what they needed.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the quad and yes that looks like Dover flint I see a greenbriar and a big sandy awesomefinds

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ huntress are you still able to hunt that area?

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
@ huntress are you still able to hunt that area?

Not at the moment. Right now it is in a boundary dispute. The current land tendant says he owns it because it joins his property. the other person says it's his property so there is kind of a legal battle going on right now. I thought it best to just stay away until it is settled. I hope to be back in there by winter when the crops are gone. Can't wait to find more good stuff in there.

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Thank you for sharing. Those are awesome, and on your own property. That's so cool!!!

Yes it is pretty cool. I didn't even realize that we had that kind of stuff until the man we bought the farm from told me how he used to find good pieces when he was a boy growing up there. So I started looking around. There was an Indian camp site here too. I have found and have pictures of a fire pit there. A large tree fell over on it and broke the rock that was around it. When I dug it out it still had burnt ashes in it. Now that was really cool!!.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if Huntress has done anymore hunting

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...my goodness...I sound like my grandma lol.....those sure are pretty...thanks for sharing them!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was good to hear from you Huntress. I will be looking for your future post, rock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions