ATP and I go on our First Water Hunt!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been wanting to check out this old swimming hole (gravel pit) that everyone in the area used for years. It's about a 1/2 mile walk back to the beach area,and I'm too old to carry my ATP and all the gear that far,so I hooked up the trailer and Loaded up the Rhino. Then I put on some "water Hunti'n" clothes,and was ready to go!
th_zps3e39a50d.jpg
I got back there and found a small girl's bicycle (apparently stolen)
102_2157_zps7eb09b0a.jpg
I later loaded it up into the bed of the Rhino,and took it by the police station. I found about a zillion pull rings,some alum beer cans that had been thrown in the fire and melted,Don't know how they ended up in the water?A small piece of scrap iron,a metal button (I think),a weaved ring in the water made from some kind of small limb,fishing sinkers,and a swivel,a 223 case,a fishing rod guide,two Lincoln pennys,and a strange coin shaped piece,that is paper thin?
102_2162_zpse1768a00.jpg
102_2163_zpsecced495.jpg
102_2158_zps38d6d215.jpg
102_2156_zpsd46764f1.jpg
102_2155_zps6aa13ec8.jpg
All in all,I had a good time,and for the first time,the ATP came home cleaner than it was when it started!:laughing7:

Last edited:

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a lot of fun to me.. :)

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,JRMan,at least I didn't get too hot,by being in the water!:laughing7: There's ton's of beer tabs/caps here. It will take weeks to clean it out. I started holding the ATP up out of the water at first,but after about a hour,I was just letting it plop down in the water while I was digging.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Man! Now I'm jealous!
You beat me to it! Been in the water but not dunking her yet!
Congrats Buddy! At least that test is over with! LOL
She's good to go!

Be careful back there by yourself... You carry? ; )

Pete

Yeah,JRMan,at least I didn't get too hot,by being in the water!:laughing7: There's ton's of beer tabs/caps here. It will take weeks to clean it out. I started holding the ATP up out of the water at first,but after about a hour,I was just letting it plop down in the water while I was digging.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is what I call dedication.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh Man! Now I'm jealous!
You beat me to it! Been in the water but not dunking her yet!
Congrats Buddy! At least that test is over with! LOL
She's good to go!

Be careful back there by yourself... You carry? ; )

Pete
Yeah,there's a Glock 19 in the Rhino!:thumbsup: Yeah,I just made sure the conections were tight,and had lubed the O rings with silicone. The ATP takes to the watter like a duck! LOL!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is what I call dedication.
Well,I needed a excuse to get the Rhino out for a little run,so it worked out well. The trail going back in is a ditch,and it had about 1 1/2 feet of water standing in it,but the Rhino likes water almost as much as the ATP. I sure would have hated to have to
wade up that ditch,for about a 1/8th of a mile!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a real nice spot! Need some help! Haha
10/4 on the Glock! Love em'
Model 30 here! Hehe

Pete

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a real nice spot! Need some help! Haha
10/4 on the Glock! Love em'
Model 30 here! Hehe

Pete
Sure come on up!:thumbsup: There's a extra seat in the Rhino!

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Colt Mustang man myself. We may be old but we ain't stupid. I'm just sayin'! Being an old military guy I'm not afraid to use it either.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a Colt Mustang man myself. We may be old but we ain't stupid. I'm just sayin'! Being an old military guy I'm not afraid to use it either.
You bet!:thumbsup: I'll tell ya,you never know what you are going to run into nowdays! Meth Heads cooki'n up a batch of dope,ect. Things aren't like they used to be!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rain forcasted for the next 6 days! With high winds and heavy thunder storms!:BangHead: Man there's no end to this rain/storms. If I haden't got a ATP I wouldn't be getting any hunting in at all!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,I done my good deed for the day, by removing over a zillion pull tabs out of the shallow water!:laughing7:

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,I done my good deed for the day, by removing over a zillion pull tabs out of the shallow water!:laughing7:
Everytime I dig a pull tab, I think to myself that's one less pull tab I need to dig on the next hunt. Lolo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread