A2coins
Ruby Member
Went to my new found spot where I found two silvers and a pile of old coins 1 Indian head 1903 a 1911 wheat two 1918s and a 1928 and a 1917 buffolo nickel a 1963 quarter and a silver canadian which I lost .Today I went back found 3 clads and a tiny sreling ring looks like it was for a baby. anyway went to the spot where I found the 63 quarter I felt a sting I thought it was a sqeeter even though I sprayed off on twice then I saw all these bees so I left skid marks outta there and was stung two three times when I stopped I had to brush 5 or 6 bees off my clothes when I did that then they flew at me it was freakin crazy. My detecter is still on the ground where I dropped it finally after a while I went back and grabbed it and I only feel one of the stings now but I got EVICTED. I was by an old pond so Im hoping thats where they nest I wont go back by the pond again but want to detect the woods.. This happen to anyone else!!!Thanks for looking at my post Tommy




Last edited:
Upvote
60
). The Yellow Jackets will be more bothersome, but still do not normally want to come at you with stinger's blazing. Best thing to do under normal circumstances is just move slowly. I'm not talking slow-motion - just normally. If you're swinging a detector fast, slow down, as though your MD has a slower response time.
I just got it a couple weeks ago... I dropped all my gear down in the woods and went back to the hornets nest to look for it. No where in sight. So my new $250 Garmin has been sacrificed to the cellar hole gods. It wasnt worth it either... all I dug was a CW era cuff I button, a utensil brass ferrule and some lead. So if anyone finds my garmin out in the woods, its got topo maps on it with cellar hole pin marks on them... if you return it, you can come hunt with me anywhere, anytime you want 






