What's new

Aunt Sarah`s Falls

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2010
Messages
6,591
Reaction score
7,387
Golden Thread
1
Location
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RT.14 South of Watkins Glen N.Y.
0409181028.webp
 
28952B89-CF9D-44A7-8DE0-77FA468424F6.webp

Beautiful! I bet that’s a spectacular sight when it is frozen! But I hope to wait until next winter for that.
 
View attachment 1576265

Beautiful! I bet that’s a spectacular sight when it is frozen! But I hope to wait until next winter for that.
Yes it is a sight when frozen,last year when frozen a guy with ice claws on his boots and hand held ice picks climbed it .
 
How did it come by the name?
 
How did it come by the name?
The old story goes Aunt Sarah lived on the top ...most of the men in the little town of Montour Falls were out hunting and some Indians showed up.
The town`s woman went up the falls to Aunt Sarah`s threw rocks at the Indians and drove them away .
I don`t believe the story ...but i like it .thanks
 
Last edited:
I like it, too. I have read some stories of how the Native Americans would wait for the men to go on said hunts and then attack. So, it's possible.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom