Australian prospector needing help

gajonois

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a large copper deposit and in same area found small amounts of gold in sandstone. It is my belief that there is plenty more here. There is also iron ore and plenty quartz. Lots of mineralization all around. In this area with all the copper would it be worth smashing copper ore for gold. My refining process is usually to extract the gold via bleach and HCI this is fine for quartz and sandstone but will my acid also draw out the copper in the ore or just the gold as it usually does. I have never tried it with copper. Thanks

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
No answer for you, but I hope you're practicing respiratory protection.

OP
OP
G

gajonois

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not much help on the forum. Thought I would have at least one person who could try to answer my question

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
Gajonois... try the Australian Prospecting site in Aus. they may have some info but you have to sign up for full access, though you can see most posts as a guest.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

911Met

Feb 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a large copper deposit and in same area found small amounts of gold in sandstone. It is my belief that there is plenty more here. There is also iron ore and plenty quartz. Lots of mineralization all around. In this area with all the copper would it be worth smashing copper ore for gold. My refining process is usually to extract the gold via bleach and HCI this is fine for quartz and sandstone but will my acid also draw out the copper in the ore or just the gold as it usually does. I have never tried it with copper. Thanks

Try asking on https://www.911metallurgist.com/laboratory/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread