Australian Treasure Signs

BrisJoe

Dec 30, 2012
Brisbane
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, Whites Goldmaster, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, just wondering if anybody has or knows of a source for Australian markings for treasure spots?
As here there will be on the tinyest amount of Jesuit/Spanish style markings here as their visiting here before Cap. Cook is one that is pushed from the history books and frowned upon even by the universities.
So curious if there were any other styles of markings to be seen?

Also here in Brisbane, we have an area in a state forest that was used by the US Navy as a weapons dump and was curious if the US units wold typically burry things of value just off site or anyhting during the war and possibly forget about them but leave markings? As they area is now a bushland reserve with several of the concrete slabs of the building still there as BBQ areas, and also still 1 or 2 magazine rooms in the side of the dirt (locked up beit)
US Naval Magazine and Mine Assembly Depot at Camp Coot-tha at J.C. Slaughter Falls, Mount Coot-tha, Brisbane

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
If the WWII soldiers were anything like me, they spent what they kept what little money they had in their billfold. Also, when I was in Vietnam, they gave us some paper military currency that probably is pretty much worthless. I don't know if they did the same thing during WWII. You might be able to find some nice WWII artifacts.

Here's a post from tchalinjar that shows a lot of symbols.

Hello

The rest of the parts of the book references and symbols
I wrote another entirety in the coming days here as Site

treasurenet.com-tchalinjar-THAPI_pgs11-20.pdf

treasurenet.com-tchalinjar-THAPI_pgs21-30.pdf

treasurenet.com-tchalinjar-THAPI_pgs31-40.pdf

treasurenet.com-tchalinjar-THAPI_pgs41-49.pdf

I hope that you liked the rest of the links
Only my problem here that I do not speak English and I have a translator working terribly

Thank you for your cooperation

tchalinjar

Mdog again, here is something you might watch for in eastern Australia.

Phoenicia, Phoenicians in Australia

Ancient Egypt - Link with Australia

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doubtful the US military would have buried something of value. You may find some dropped items but I don't believe the soldiers or the commanders there would have cached or hid anything of value there. Never know what may have fallen out of the soldiers pockets though!

OP
OP
B

BrisJoe

Dec 30, 2012
Brisbane
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mdog for those links.

Even though they are mostly Japanese symbols used in the Philippines, I'll read through and learn a few of them.

I tried searching for dowser501 posts but couldn't find anything, Do you ave a post link Hadji?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BrisJoe:
One thing you will need in your reference library (home edition, LOL) would be information and drawings of the Aborigines. They were / are spiritual people who are still not fully "understood" by so called scientists. If there are any published books or pamplets with these drawings and esplanations, get copies. Here in the continental U.S., Spanish trail makers would hide trail symbols in a group of Native Americans' pictographs on their story rocks. Some folks believe that the KGC also did that with their trails.

OP
OP
B

BrisJoe

Dec 30, 2012
Brisbane
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Short, how about this:?
No comment if they were placed by treasure hiders, but the abo's will claim it's "their art"

Aboriginal-rock-carving-B-001.jpg

OP
OP
B

BrisJoe

Dec 30, 2012
Brisbane
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello BrisJoe, sometime I think someone wanted to tell a story, about life in their world, different things they had seen, such as a stick figure with a bow and a animal figure, we went hunting for deer / turkey, I have tried to look up my ancestory and put folks on paper, very interesting carvings, and very important piece of history

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions