Awesome Field Find

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
After church I went to a field that was turned last week and had had a good rain on it over night. Although I only found one whole point in the two hour hunt it was definitely worth it. It is 41/4 inches long. I was pretty stoked when I found it!!

100_5517.jpg

Upvote 0

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice find Americus.........that field you have there is a good producer.....look forward to seeing more of your finds man!!!!............................GTP

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find... :headbang:

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: You ended the year well, and you're starting off great!!!! that's really nice! Congrats! :hello2:

tidefan888

Greenie
Jan 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man, that's a great field point. It looks like an adena or a marion. Either way, you got a good one.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, my goodness :headbang: ! That's a beaut! You find some of the best looking points, Americus!

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Americus,
That's a super nice point to have come from a plowed field! It's a wonder that was not snapped in half long ago by the plows. Great find.

wells

Mar 1, 2008
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
Been looking at this piece for a couple of days now, real nice, one of those points that comes along once every ten years-(for me anyway). I'm not sure what state you're in but the point looks like it my be made from jasper ? Great Great point. ! -- just went back theough the posts and saw it isfrom Ga. would that be a savannah river piece - comparable to age and shape to lehigh points here in pa. ?

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
wells said:
Been looking at this piece for a couple of days now, real nice, one of those points that comes along once every ten years-(for me anyway). I'm not sure what state you're in but the point looks like it my be made from jasper ? Great Great point. ! -- just went back theough the posts and saw it isfrom Ga. would that be a savannah river piece - comparable to age and shape to lehigh points here in pa. ?

It looks somewhat like a marion to me but I'm not real good at typing points.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread