So much negativity..I just don't get it.
In all honesty (and in full disclosure), I'm not real familiar with the
flint knapping/tool making world, but to me it seems very cool to
see a person take a regular old rock and make it into a potentially
useful tool.
The impression I get from the negative comments is that people have
done this in the past, and then pawned it off as a genuine artifact made
in ancient times. Is that correct? If so, nowhere did the OP (Mogi) say or
even imply they were going to attempt to sell it or trade it as an authentic
ancient item.
Is there so much distrust in the world today that we trust no one, or accuse
them of wrongdoing when they simply re-created an ancient tool?
Tried to make a few things myself, and in the process learned that it's not
only a skill, but an art as well. If I had made that ax I'd be damn proud of it,
and it would really stink for people to "rain on my parade" if I had posted pics
of it.
OTOH, I can see the issue it would rise for the purist collector who is deeply
involved in the sale/trade/ownership of original, ancient items. That said, it
becomes an issue when someone wants do make something fun, with no ill
intent and just for the heck of it. It's certainly not worth questioning the
integrity of another when there is no evidence whatsoever that they intend
the slightest deception.
Which leads to...it's really not worth getting worked up over.