Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Went with my daughter to Monroe today for her to have some "updates" to her Kia. As we were leaving and heading north on U.S. 165 I noticed a 4 engine prop driven plain coming off runway 220. Haven't seen one of these things in person since forever. Found out they're visiting Monroe this weekend. The plane is named "Doc".

While we were waiting on the light to change, it got close enough to get a quick shot with my cheapo Nikon L340 (sorry for the quality, but it is "full auto"). Only got one shot because the line of traffic behind us started getting impatient. :dontknow:

DSCN5978.jpg

Apparently it is one of only two still flying.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a good pic!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather flew the first operational planes over the hump into China. He trained many others including Paul tibbets of Hiroshima fame. He flew the longest bomber mission of WW2. The fire bombing of Tokyo haunted him for the rest of his life....more were burned and killed that night than Hiroshima. The planes were very unreliable at first....they soon became the vanguard of the airforce. Lt. Colonel James A Conway 509th bomb wing....the most influential man in my life and a natural born leader....God bless you gramps I miss you !!

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Other
One of two, that is an extremely lucky sighting !

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those old restored and flying WW2 aircraft are such treasures to see.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to see the 50cals in defense mode. I watched a couple different videos about on www. They shredded the Zero fighters with a wall of lead.
...game day at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs is a hard day to beat. Old war planes and gliders and everything in between and beyond even if don’t go to game or tour around campus..
..at least in the late 80s and 90s. Time flys too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread